eBay: Heinkel He111Z

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T+M

1650969229294.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Good info. I know a bit of German but can't figure out what "Leckstoff" is. It's not oil, coolant, or fuel as far as I know but clearly the tube is intended to prevent any fluid collecting in the bottom of the cowl from entering the radiator.

Good info. I know a bit of German but can't figure out what "Leckstoff" is. It's not oil, coolant, or fuel as far as I know but clearly the tube is intended to prevent any fluid collecting in the bottom of the cowl from entering the radiator.

Andy .. the "leckstoffabführung" is three words together actually. The "leck"= leak , "stoff"= material/substance while "abführung"= removal. Germans like the such combinations of words. Have you ever read the instruction for water system of toilet flushing in a train in the German? Believe me that's the pretty high-grade thing. :lol:

It looks like, Andy. The radiator bottom cowling there can be noticed clean in most of pics. But there must have been leaks occasionally though ..

he111.jpg

the source: the net.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back