eBay: Heinkel He219

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

NASM He219 had the radar DiPoles attached yesterday afternoon.

Tony

Attachments

• NASM_He219_withDiPoles.jpg
    NASM_He219_withDiPoles.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 64
wreck of NJGr 10 which flew a few of the A/C. There are about 4-5 images of this rubble ~
imageshe219.jpg

by the way I believe that Crecy publications is working on a new thick book on the Owl in the coming days ~ many first person accounts.

earlier view of the present He 219 designated as a A-2/R4. when first found I had contact with the museums currator who told me it had a belly pack of 2 2cm and a 2cm in each wing plus the normal SM installation of 2 3cm cannon. MOst of the avionics were found with the A/C including radio and radar arrays and tail warning radar. also the canopy mounted gun sight for the schrage musik. the A/C retained two different paint schemes. As 1German LW historian told me about the black undersides : not used as a real camo but as a col,our scheme to reduce reflectivity of the aircraft in the searchlight dome to a minimum. some Bf 110G-4's and Ju 88G-6's also had their undersides painted black.
gwskat_201220_5fdfb70e112f3.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back