eBay: Henschell Hs129

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wrknr 0031

View attachment 685894

mein Reich, mein Reich für die Fähigkeit, Sternmotoren wie die Amerikaner herzustellen!

I'm no where near fluent, especially in ww2 era german, so needed google for the assist although BMW might have been a better resource considering….😂

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would like to see a picture of the original HS 129 with the armoured canopy that was impossible to see out of

Henschel%20Photo%202.jpg

Argus powered Hs-129A0
Note the "Pike's Head" paint job, Freshwater version of sharks

Using the size of the men standing next to it, you can imagine the cramped feeling of sitting in the cockpit, peering through vision slits like a tank driver, even your gunsight looks like it is hampering your vision.

I found this picture in an interesting article about the Hs-129s, well worth the time to read :

Armed and Deadly - Henschel's Hs 129

View attachment 692380

Those props always appear to be 2/3 the size they should be on the Hs-129 and on the early Hs-129A0, it's hard to believe they could become airborne with those small two blade props reminding me of a trolling motor I once owned.

Last edited:
Last edited:
captured beute Frankfurt 1945 wrknr 141407

Hs 129 B-2 (WNr. 141407) St.Kz. PH+UQ, probably from Fliegerzielgeschwader 3, found abandoned damaged at Frankfurt-Rebstock after 8 May 1945. Information courtesy of Steve Sheflin

View attachment 704962

View attachment 704963

View attachment 704964

1. Original WWII Snapshot Photo GERMAN TWIN ENGINE FIGHTER S/N 141407 FRANKFURT 45 | eBay
  2. Original WWII Snapshot Photo GERMAN TWIN ENGINE FIGHTER S/N 141407 FRANKFURT 45 | eBay
  3. Original WWII Snapshot Photo GERMAN TWIN ENGINE FIGHTER S/N 141407 FRANKFURT 46 | eBay
Looking at the GI standing by the cockpit gives one the sense of how tight fitting those planes were. Too bad, the Germans could never mount something on the wings that gave it the power to be as effective as imagined. (I say too bad as an aviation nerd and fan of this class of plane, not a fan of NAZIs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back