eBay: Non type specific.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I never would have Guessed that was a Fighter Prototype! Looks like an observation plane to my eyes, I wonder how accurate the 342mph top speed Wiki lists is? If it was accurate (big If)
that speed on only 860HP is impressive. I wonder how the handling was? I know that the take off performance of a duel wing A/C can be impressive, and usually the CG range is also large.
But I have never read anything on what the Germans thought of it after they captured, finished, and tested it?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I think we should read "Aeroporto Elmas" = Elmas airport in Cagliari (Italy) [and also "49a squad. B.T." = 49a Squadriglia da bombardamento terrestre].

On July 27, 1939, the record-breaking Amiot 370 F-AREU (and not F-ARUE) attempted the 10,000 km straight line world record, with Commandant Maurice Rossi at the controls.
The attempt failed and the Amiot landed in Cagliari, after covering just over 6,000 km in 19h 51mn.

Two weeks later (august,15/16) , Rossi won... 10.000 km at 311 km/h.... but war cancelled further attempts (the plane had some distance world records at about 430/440 km/h).

Last edited:
BEECHCRAFT F-2 CAMERA PLANE may 1942

1. LARGE ORIGINAL WW2 COMPANY PHOTO US ARMY BEECHCRAFT F-2 CAMERA PLANE 25x20cm | eBay
  2. LARGE ORIGINAL WW2 COMPANY PHOTO US NAVY BEECHCRAFT F-2 CAMERA PLANE 25x20cm | eBay
  3. LARGE ORIGINAL WW2 COMPANY PHOTO US NAVY BEECHCRAFT F-2 CAMERA PLANE 25x20cm | eBay

Users who are viewing this thread