eBay: North American B-25 Mitchell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking for new models and releases I found this idea for a re-box:
Obviously this is not the real box art but just a preparation for it. Seeing the fin-flash one can easily be fooled that this is another MTO-Mitchell from either the 9th or the 12th AAF in North Africa. On top of it the serial is very near to a group of serials we have seen in the 12th BG, in the MTO. But is it in reality? BTW note that this particular a/c has the standard camouflage in OD over NG.
Check back this older post with some more photos of similar markings and appearance. I believe these were B-25 prepared for export/lend-lease to GB, but later taken back and used by the USAAF.
I added 2 more photos today to the older post, showing the same batch and markings.
Cheers!

Maxwell House II75mm cannon 2 ships

1688204853435.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Solid nose rocket rails

View attachment 727636

The a/c with one vertical stripe on the tails (white for camouflaged or black for NM) are from the 820-nd Bomb. Squadron, 41-st BG. I couldn't find the exact period when these markings have been used. The other 3 squadrons in the group had either no stripes or horizontal ones.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back