eBay: Soviet Airforce and other arms

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

2 WK Foto Sowjetische Flugzeug CCCP | eBay

1613647549923.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
La-5. If it would be the LaGG-3 there were seen the exhaust pipes at the front of the engine cowling. Also, there can be noticed a small air intake at the top of the cowling just behind the top prop blade. LaGG-3 didn't have any there. What is more, there can be noticed a rectangle panel with the charakteristic pressing for exhaust pipe next to the left leg of the guy standing on the wing. Additionally you may notice the metal clamp used for the radial engine cowling and laying at the front of the plane between the prop and fuselage. But the main evidence is the logo on the engine cowling seen next to the hip of the soldier ( the first from right ). The outlined white disk with the stylized cyrillic "F" letter. The outline and letter were of red.

I flew one of those in IL-2....once. I survived for about 5 seconds
I was in a team in the il2 game, We did a team vs team. Carpet bombed the crap out of them. No losses and, but that will be more of a long wood fire story as it it long ago, scored 2 of their fighters being stacked but close together. 8th airforce style. Loved the thing in the game. Such a relief to play a very different beast then, as for the usual Axis and Allied things.
Still miss those il-2 days. Oleg explaining why and how and telling about the limitations of the game engine. Never bought as many books and eBAy finds and read about stuff as back then. Even helped to develop some of the models by providing pictures manuals and what not. For me a lot of free time spent in a very good way. Yes good days.

hello there. this post forced me to register myself to this nice board 😊
well, in this picture actually are soviet pilots, thus very much related to airforce 😊😊
on the back it is says :
Three friends Kolia, Vasia and Lev just before combat sortie.
For a long memory to a friend
(girl) Liudmila B... (can not make the surname) from Lev (one of those pilots), during the days of Great Patriotic War. Vilnius city (Lithuania) 1944

So the boy has sent his picture with friends, to a girlfriend. I wonder if he managed to return from that combat sortie and did he meet Liudmila.....

Thanks for posting all those pictures.

Людмиле Бажановой (Lyudmila Bazhanova)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back