Eduard 1/48 Fw 190A-8/R2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vandee

Senior Airman
Aug 21, 2019
Been out of the modeling circle for a bit and decided to get back to building. I just purchased the Eduard weekend edition of the Focke Wulf Fw 190A-8R/U. I had attempted a Dragon D-9 may years ago and it was a good kit but was quite tricky to build. Is this a fairly decent build? I bought the weekend edition as I had heard the other version with the open gun bays and such was difficult to close up if you didn't wish them displayed. John
wurger 1.JPG
wurger 2.JPG

The difference between the profi-pack and the weekend edition kits is the box content. The Weekend Edition kits are the basic ones of the Profi series. No additional resin parts, no photoetched sets. Just the plastic parts. The decal markings are for from 1 to 4 planes usually. Contrary to that the Profi kits can have different markings for eight planes of the declared variant. Anyway, the all plastic sprues of the WE kits allow to assemble a good model.

Thanks, this kit gives you 4 marking options and 4 canopies with 2 wind screens. It looks very well molded and the detailing and panel lines are quite good to my eye. John

Yes. The Eduard models are really good especially if you take their price into consideration. I have a couple of the Fw 190A kits of the WE, Profi-pack and the Royal Class. All of them look very good and can be assembled without any major problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back