Engine modification

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

maxmwill

Airman 1st Class
Apr 18, 2011
I'm not sure which folder to post this in, as it is a question about modifying one engine to another that is in the same family.

I'd like to scratch build an early Soviet airliner, the Kalinin K4 ambulance, and this was powered by an M6 engine, which was the Soviet version of the Hispano Suiza 8F. Roden has a kit of the Hispano Suiza 8Ab. As all I've been able to find out by comparing photos, is the both engines are quite similar in appearance. I'd like to find more than just the few frontal photos of the Hispano Suiza 8F. Would anyone be able help me in this?

I have built a Wright H3, the American version of the HS8F. There are some differences, mostly in the crankcase. The HS engines have a wet sump oil pan and the Wright has a dry sump. The Roden kit has the wet sump oil pan, otherwise they are very similar. Here is a front and rear view of the Wright engine.

Attachments

• 20200311_135409.jpg
    20200311_135409.jpg
    881.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 20200311_135347.jpg
    20200311_135347.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 154
I have built a Wright H3, the American version of the HS8F. There are some differences, mostly in the crankcase. The HS engines have a wet sump oil pan and the Wright has a dry sump. The Roden kit has the wet sump oil pan, otherwise they are very similar. Here is a front and rear view of the Wright engine.
Great work, my friend!

I have a 1921 Wright Model H2 available for sale if you are interested in the real thing.

Attachments

• H2 engine - Copy.png
    H2 engine - Copy.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 44
I have a 1921 Wright Model H2 available for sale if you are interested in the real thing.
I might be interested, although I've been trying to research the De Havilland Iris that Geoffery used on his De Havilland No 1(1910). If that is for sale, how much along with shipping charges?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back