Engine sounds (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PierreL

Airman
Jul 5, 2006
Québec
Hello,

Just asking, is there some place where it's possible to download realistic engine sounds for IL-2?

I think it would be a bonus ++ to have nice real Bf-109 sounds, Merlin, sounds, etc...

Thank you!!

D112:

You will love the Daimler-Benz sound as well as the Spitfire and F4U. AAA has the handy switch also so you can use your mods online easier.

Thanks for your help, I wished I could find that but I did not, except Stuka diving sounds , bullets , stuff like that...

Too bad I am not too good to find in this big site just a sound for 1, 2 or just 3 aircrafts.

Do you know the exact link to find the Daimler, Merlin and Pratt Wittney???

thanks!

PS Won't ask more...

did you try to search youtube for a video with that sound? if so you could extract that sound from the video and use it for yourself or ask somebody that could do it for you

Amsel, have you managed to get the UI to install? I followed the instructions, and I have the four file parts in the same folder, but when the program reaches the end of the .exe file, it gives a message 'Unexpected end of archive', and ends without installing the other three files. Am I missing something very obvious here or do I have a duff folder?

Cheers

BT

You might have to delete and redownload the files. Maybe they were corrupted. I installed the UI about a month ago and had a couple of problems but nothing like that. Did you delete the files titled "FILES" and "MODS" in your original version before you tried to run the EXE.?

You also might find the answer if you browse through the whole thread on AAA, it is a long thread though.

I think I have found my problem. Looking at my 4.08m install, I was looking for folders called 'Files' and 'Mods - which I don't have. I have found a file called 'files.sfs' - i presume that has to go? Haven't got anything called 'Mods' though, unless it's buried somewhere in the folder structure?

The .exe part of the d/l was corrupt when I first tried to get it, I d/l'd it again before trying to install though. I will have to get it sorted, I have a squad session on Sunday night, need to be on 4.09 w/ Sound Mod by then :|

i tried that UI installer also and i didnt work for me either it made me uninstall / reinstall il2 6 to 7 times and it never worked and i was updated and i tried to install the UI over a clean install of il-2. now i have the latest A/C installer with wrapper.exe and it works, every plane that i downloaded works except the some polish planes where i need to edit the air.ini file (wich i cant find). also the sound mod works and several effectmods

BombTaxi, pretty sure they are found in the main dir for IL2, if not in there then maybe you dont have mods installed.

My recommendation for all people starting out with mods is to do a fresh install of IL2 aplly 408m patch. Then copy the IL2 folder rename it to something like "IL2 copy"

This way if you have any dramas you wont need to install again, just copy your old confg.ini file over should be right to go.

The new UI1.1 should be soon so i will be doing a fresh copy install for that

Hi guys,

Coming back after a lonnnnnnnng time.
I did some research and achieved a few steps, but I am not vey good with computers, so I might ask for some help for the steps to follow.

There is a guy nicknamed Tiger-33 who worked 9 months to produce a Mods called Ultimate Sound V2.

to see a video clip demo, please go at and enjoy! ...

to download the Mods, click on the light blue text Ultimate sound V2.

All feed back welcome!

Cheers!

D112

did you try to search youtube for a video with that sound? if so you could extract that sound from the video and use it for yourself or ask somebody that could do it for you

I did that to get a decent Spitfire-sound for my startup-sound.
Now I'm looking for a decent 109-sound, so that I can make a sound mix that'll match my wallpaper w. a Spitfire flying past Galland's 109. :D

I'm using Cool Edit Pro, which a friend of mine gave me - he's a radio guy, he's making radio programs for Denmark's Radio now and then. :)
Dunno if you can get that as a test version or something, but it's pretty easy to use when both recording, mixing, cleaning, messing with and saving sounds as various kinds of files. :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back