Evolution of warfare at work

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is that a misprint ? 200-500 kilotons ? That sounds like a stretch for a conventional warhead, even if it is fuel-air.

The Nagasaki bomb was equivilent to 15-20 thousand tons of TNT, or 15-20 kilotons.

I have no insights or knowledge in that field, tyrotom, so lets hope it's a typo.

On the other hand - if you were going to 'take out' for example the John F Kennedy (God forbid) - you would probably want to take out the support fleet as well. Massive local tsunami ....?

The reason I posted this story is because - with this development - there is really no place to hide - except in the depths, perhaps, but even that might be detected from space as 'anomalies'.

MM

The biggest known fuel-air explosive bomb developed by the US, the GBU-43/B has a 11 ton yield, and weighs 18.000 lbs.
The Russian FOAB ( that's for Father Of All Bombs) has a yield of 44 tons, but I can't find the weight.
This Chinese weapon has a yield at least 5,000 times greater, and it's light enough to be a ballistic rocket wathead!!! Doesn't sound feasible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back