F-14 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cheddar cheese

Major General
Jan 9, 2004
WSM, England
Bit low dont ya think? ;)

Attachments

• f-14_20fly-by_121.jpg
    f-14_20fly-by_121.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 517
Man that ones been around for a long long time... The pilot lost his wings for months after that stunt...

Heres some more F-14 shots...

Attachments

• f14bnewschemedp_10_317.jpg
    f14bnewschemedp_10_317.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 511
  • enterprise_204b_155.jpg
    enterprise_204b_155.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 605
  • enterprise_100_104.jpg
    enterprise_100_104.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 509
  • enterprise_3_100.jpg
    enterprise_3_100.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 512
  • harrytrumannj_bridge_185.jpg
    harrytrumannj_bridge_185.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 514
  • jollyrodgers60yrsdp_1_518.jpg
    jollyrodgers60yrsdp_1_518.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 515
  • trickortreat_1_468.jpg
    trickortreat_1_468.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 517
lesofprimus said:
The pilot lost his wings for months after that stunt...
That's one of the most perpetuated myths in the aviation community these days. Look HERE...

FLYBOYJ said:
It's ashamed, they're all retired!
Not quite, but it's good as done, unfortunately. I hate to see my beloved Turkey leave the scene for good, but it's inevitable. VF-31 and VF-213 will make the Tom's last deployment onboard the Roosevelt this fall...

Fade to Black...

cheddar cheese said:
evangilder said:
THAT is a shame, FBJ! Are there none left flying, even in Reserve units?

What, no F-14's flying? But F-14's kick ass!

I thought they were all gone but according to BlackWolf 2 squadrons are taking them on a deployment abord the Rosie.

I knew guys who worked on the -14, they said they were a real pain, the -18 is a much more maintainer friendly aircraft. :rolleyes:

Seeing them go makes me feel old. I remember when the -14 first flew. :(

Old. In Duxford there is a Seahawk. Back in the mid 70's I was one of the maintanence team that looked after that plane. Trust me. When you see an actual plane that you worked on in a museaum, then you feel old.

Glider said:
Old. In Duxford there is a Seahawk. Back in the mid 70's I was one of the maintanence team that looked after that plane. Trust me. When you see an actual plane that you worked on in a museaum, then you feel old.

I know how you feel Glider. In 1980-82 I worked as an inspector on the P-3 production flightline. I was straight out of school and landed this great job. Fast Foward - 1996 I'm in the Naval Reserve, I look at the aircraft in my squadron and they're the same ones! 16 years and 8000 hours later!

I'm waiting for them to wind up in a museum! :rolleyes:

I didn't work on F-111s, but they were on the base where I was stationed. After seeing them at the AMARC facility at Davis Monthan and the pic that plan_d posted of one at Duxford, I know what you mean.

I guess it's a bit different if you work on a plane that's already in a museum though! ;) I have worked on a Zero, a C-131 and a C-46. Nothing major, just a helping hand when needed.

thing is, they can't really be put ni civilian hands in flying condition now can they, too pawerful, expensive and just suicidal, so you'll never really see them fly again much.......

the lancaster kicks ass said:
thing is, they can't really be put ni civilian hands in flying condition now can they, too pawerful, expensive and just suicidal, so you'll never really see them fly again much.......

Unless a flight test company (like the one I used to work for) could show that they have a civilian use for them, I doubt any civilian will get any of them. It's like the A-6. My company was trying to acquire one for a chase plane but the DoD was real leery because of their load carrying capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back