F-22 vs....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Matt,
I don't do photography as a full time job, but I do some shooting for a drag racing magazine(March issue cover shot below is one I took at the Grand Bend track) and I've had a few aviation photos published and a WWI triplane photo used for a PC game cover. But I do keep busy with my websites, Thanks for asking.

There ya go. Didn't look like the work of a weekend "professional". Well done.

Congrats on the cover! :thumbleft: I will be in the April issue of Ultraflight Magazine and I made the cover for the CAF SoCal Wing newsletter for April. That's my hat-trick for covers on the museum newsletter. While I enjoy taking photos of a lot of things, I really enjoy aviation photography.

Same back to ya Eric, Got any links to the shots? As for aviation I do too, Shot thousands of commercial airliners for the enjoyment of it, but I like the challenge of getting a great shot of a 300mph Nitro Funny Car flying down the track or launching off the line with the header flames .I guess we kinda hijacked this thread :oops: sorry mods.

Attachments

• IMG_5026.jpg
    IMG_5026.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4644.jpg
    IMG_4644.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5076.jpg
    IMG_5076.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 99
These are great pics that I thought I would share.

Attachments

• ATT00055.jpg
    ATT00055.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 91
  • ATT00058.jpg
    ATT00058.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 103
  • ATT00064.jpg
    ATT00064.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 92
  • ATT00061.jpg
    ATT00061.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 91
Guys - I just got back from the 355th FG reunion hosted by the 355th FW at Davis Monthan. At Roll Call on Friday night at the O-Club the newly deployed Euro Fighter rotation of Brits were in full array and feisty - until the discussion of 'Say, how are you guys doing against the F-22?"

"Well, if you can see the bloody thing you have a chance... not a great chance but about the same as an F-15 or F-16 has against us. The problem is the AAMRAM is up your ass long before you can possibly see it. Quite discouraging 'do' at Nellis, really."

However the Brits destroyed one of the A-10 Drivers who said "Speak English!" during the Roll Call and the Brit Wing Commander never missed a beat and replied "Actually old chap, we invented the language!"

As soon as I collect all the photos I will post whatever shots we have of the Euro at DM as well as the A-10 shots. For those (unlke Dan) who have never been within 100 yards of an A-10 on a Gunnery pass - it is simply awesome! Louder at 100 yards, than a .308 next to you at the range.

I'm looking at a 'party favor' round of 30mm HEI and it is about 11" in length. Bigger IS Better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back