F-4 Phantom Question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey guys!

During the course of this week I'm going to go back to the hobby store and buy the Revell 1/32 F-4F Phantom. It's the edition with the 35th anniversary/Rhino decals on the side, but I'd like to do it like an actual in-service Luftwaffe plane. That being said, what are my options for doing it for the Cold War Group Build, if there are any?

Thanks!

Found this picture, which looks really cool! Does anyone have any additional photos of this plane, or one painted like it? I can't seem to find any at all. All I can determine is it's from Jabo 35 (which was merged with another Squadron to create JG 73).

Attachments

• SUorC018tWyOhQg258yxiUKqo44as1OD.jpg
    SUorC018tWyOhQg258yxiUKqo44as1OD.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 114
Shouldn't be a problem having a BundesLuftwaffe aircraft in the Cold War GB Cory - all part of the mix!
I can't promise, but I might have some pics and/or profiles of similar schemes, I'll need to do a bit of a search through all my stuff. Far as I remember, that started as an expermentl colour scheme, then reverted to a similar scheme with 'splinter' edging.

I have a few pics of GAF F4's I snagged when in the Goose , Ive only this one scanned now but will try and find more

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 226
Cory, there's a 1/32nd scale 'long nose' Phantom on special offer here in the UK at Modelzone. Sorry, didn't look in detail at the type, or markings, but it was Revell, and at a very reasonable price. They ship world wide too. If you're interested, I'll check it out for you, as I have to order a Harrier GR7/9 kit from them which is reduced to £9.99 - from £23 ! (£30 in the original Hasegawa boxing!)

Just checked the Revell kit at Modelzone Cory. It's the F4F, '50th Anniversary' markings. The price is normally £35, and it's on offer at £14.99, but currently out of stock. If you're interested, I can find out when it's due back in stock, and if the price will be the same. (probably will be).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back