Dec 15, 2022 #1 pinehilljoe Staff Sergeant 984 1,130 Joined May 1, 2016 Location Northern Virginia, USA Can anyone site a source to date this photo. I recall seeing a caption saying it was taken in Lakehurst post war, and Lakehurst Hanger 1 was used to store aircraft after the War. Attachments 320229414_500202412178155_777017192310815586_n.jpg 127.2 KB · Views: 152
Can anyone site a source to date this photo. I recall seeing a caption saying it was taken in Lakehurst post war, and Lakehurst Hanger 1 was used to store aircraft after the War.
Dec 15, 2022 #2 fubar57 General 37,495 27,260 Joined Nov 22, 2009 Location The Jungles of Canada I've seen one site mention Moffet Field, 1944
Jun 4, 2023 #3 Maxrobot1 Staff Sergeant 810 2,267 Joined Sep 28, 2009 interesting in that none of the A/C have markings other than National insignia.
Jun 4, 2023 #4 Wurger Siggy Master Staff Admin Mod 120,305 38,819 Joined Jun 19, 2005 Location Poland Not exactly ... there are the hand written numbers at the bottom of the engine cowlings. As memo serves these numbers were sprayed by a manufacturer during the deliveries from the plant to the units. Taking the info into consideration I would say the Corsairs and Hellcats are ready for sending to the destination units. So 1944 or 1945 IMHO. A similar shot ... the source: the net.
Not exactly ... there are the hand written numbers at the bottom of the engine cowlings. As memo serves these numbers were sprayed by a manufacturer during the deliveries from the plant to the units. Taking the info into consideration I would say the Corsairs and Hellcats are ready for sending to the destination units. So 1944 or 1945 IMHO. A similar shot ... the source: the net.