Favorite Hack

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My two favorite "hacks" to fly are the FW190 A8 and the F4ud Corsair. These are excellent birds to fly.

The Bf109F4 or the LA5FN are great dogfighting planes, The P38 is brilliant for boom and zoom tactics and the a20G is the best bomber as it flies much like a fighter.

Me-109F-4, Yaroslavl La-7, Me-109K-4, Fw-190A-3 (mod), Yak-9U, P-51D, Tempest V, they're all great fun to fly but my favourite is definitely the Ta-152C. Possibly, now, the Fw-190D-11 (mod).
The Me-109G-10 version modded by the Russian community (MG151 motorkanone) is also lots of fun.

My favorite rides in IL2 are the late model P-47's. I suck in them, but sniffing ozone at 25,000 ft and diving like a meteor make this a truly exciting ride...not to mention the almost incomparable ground attack loadouts.

But I fly everything in the sim. 8)

My favorite rides in IL2 are the late model P-47's. I suck in them, but sniffing ozone at 25,000 ft and diving like a meteor make this a truly exciting ride...not to mention the almost incomparable ground attack loadouts.

But I fly everything in the sim. 8)

The only thing I like about the '47 is the damage it can take. I think the only plane in the sim that can take the same punishment is the Beaufighter, but I also agree on the the "meteor" dives :)

edd

As far as joy of flight goes: Bf 109 F, but forget the F-2 when it comes to fighting, the single 15mm doesn't cut it. F-4 is great all around. My second favourite are the Focke Wulf Doras, especially the new D-13 followed by the Yak 3 and He 162 A. Me 163 is great fun too, its climb is not from this world!

Surprisingly I don't like the Anton Fw 190s: Their roll is too nervous for my taste and boom and zoom doesn't work as well as advertised in IL-2 (especially not against AI). I do like the P-51 B, but (again) firepower is too weak.

Ya, I love the Me 109F4; it is a pleasure to fly. I only wish the armament was similar to the G6 though. I only like the FW for intercepting bombers, especially the heavies.

I like flying the A-20G. It maneuvers almost like a fighter, and with those 6 .50's up front I find it makes an excellent bomber destroyer. For sheer mindless ground attack destruction, it's fun flying a B-25H (flyable with the appropriate mods); it has 8 .50's and a 75mm cannon up front. Even if I normally can't hit squat with that monster gun, it's still fun just to hear it fire.

Venganza

Can we get screenshots of the Spit XIV plz ? :)

Cockpit.jpg

Spitfire.jpg

spitfire1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone, been playing il2 since original demo,my favourite planes are the P51D, FW190A for fun, Dora for combat, and just for cruising i love BF109's, anything from an Emil to a Kurfurst...

Here's another shot of the Spit 14, also a great plane to cruise in, but much different to other spitfires, where you have to use energy tactics in this baby:

il2fb2009-04-1501-27-21-09.jpg

There's also a Typhoon now:

tiffy1.jpg

Where are these mods available from? I haven't been playing games on my PC recently but I just got a new one and I thought I would pick up Il2 again and get the latest version plus as many as possible of the fantastic mods out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back