What is your Favorite Campaign (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Amsel

Tech Sergeant
Jul 15, 2008
Texas
Do you have any favorite campaigns, missions or maps that you would like to share.

I am flying a Guadalcanal campaign right now that is very entertaining. It features the F4F. One of my favorites campaigns yet is- Legion Condor!

Any campaign written by PhilK or compans is a quality bet. compans 'With 32 Squadron in France' is one of my all-time favorites, flying a Hurricane MkI during the Battle of France. There are Kanalkampf and BoB campaigns which follow it, as well as 'Under the White Rose', following 609 Squadron in 1941-42 as the RAF took the fight back to the Continent.

PhilK's campaigns are pretty well excellent, whichever you choos. IIRC, he was the author of the 'Hell In the Pacific' series, which features the player as a Corsair pilot flying ground attack in support of USMC landings. There were four - Peleiu was one, and Iwo Jima another, the locations of the other two escapes me at the moment. All are available for download from M4T 8)

I'm a big fan of DCG, but some player made campaigns that I've really and still enjoying:

The BiG-E(CV-6) Campaign - Especially after the Battle 360 Series on History Channel
White Sun Blue Sky Campaign - A fantastic campaign and probably my favourite ever.
Kuban Campaign - Fantastic research and meticulous planning. I was blown away by the presentation of campaign.
All the King's Panthers - Brilliant
VMF-213 Hell Hawks Campaign pt 1 2 - Fantastic, especially the long distance flying

Actually there are too many to name, but I have a BIG preference to campaigns that have more that at least 35 missions.

edd

i would go with the island hopping campain because that was what really started the end of the war for japan

Any campaign written by PhilK or compans is a quality bet. compans 'With 32 Squadron in France' is one of my all-time favorites, flying a Hurricane MkI during the Battle of France. There are Kanalkampf and BoB campaigns which follow it, as well as 'Under the White Rose', following 609 Squadron in 1941-42 as the RAF took the fight back to the Continent.

PhilK's campaigns are pretty well excellent, whichever you choos. IIRC, he was the author of the 'Hell In the Pacific' series, which features the player as a Corsair pilot flying ground attack in support of USMC landings. There were four - Peleiu was one, and Iwo Jima another, the locations of the other two escapes me at the moment. All are available for download from M4T 8)
Just downloaded these "Hell in the Pacific" campaigns and they are a blast.

I'm quite a fan of ground attack, and the Pacific islands are a great setting - everything is very compact and there is a lot going on throughout the mission. The Hell in the Pacfic campaigns are probably the most intense, target-rich and threat-rich missions I have ever played - sometimes you can count yourself lucky simply for getting home intact...

I'm a big fan of DCG, but some player made campaigns that I've really and still enjoying:

The BiG-E(CV-6) Campaign - Especially after the Battle 360 Series on History Channel
White Sun Blue Sky Campaign - A fantastic campaign and probably my favourite ever.
Kuban Campaign - Fantastic research and meticulous planning. I was blown away by the presentation of campaign.
All the King's Panthers - Brilliant
VMF-213 Hell Hawks Campaign pt 1 2 - Fantastic, especially the long distance flying

Actually there are too many to name, but I have a BIG preference to campaigns that have more that at least 35 missions.

edd
Downloaded this campaign,but the exe. is not installing it!!? Shame because it is highly rated.

Dear Amsel,
I sent your quote to a friend and she wants to know where it comes from. Can you advise? Sorry to bother you but it is spot on.
regards, Ralph Pattison (rapa)

DCG campaign for mods written by Stonehouse for Neil Lowes Darwin map

Very challenging, the Japs have a heap of carriers and me being ex 75SQN I can relate to it

plus I love how Jap fighters explode :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back