Ending campaign missions (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi all you IL2 users, I am new to flying sims, saw the IL2 1946 game (with the mods) and purchased it.
I have been doing a few quick missions etc to familiarise myself and started the pilot campaign.
Ok first mission, PEarl harbour flying a P-40, successfully shot down 6 (Shorty Rankin eat yer heart out LoL!) was told to return to base, landed and red letters said end of mission, hidden target completed. BUT, how do you end that mission to progress onto the next one, I was sitting on the tarmac, waiting to exit the mission but nothing happened at all.
Any help / advice you guys!!
:oops:
Krys

Click the escape (Esc.) key.

This post at Mission4Today explains everything quite well.
Source: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=93964#93964
Chris_Blair @ M4T said:
The end of the mission is always when the player hits Escape. Trust me on this. Always. The missions do not end after the "Mission Success" message, the player ends it. Even if you get killed and there is a black screen, you must hit Escape, and even if the missions fails you must press Escape to end the mission. To be clear- YOU are the one who "ends" the mission. The game doesn't do it.

"Mission Success" or "Mission Failure" does not define the end of the mission. If the sim did end the mission after "Success" then you'd never get a chance to do anything else, do you see? So the sim doesn't end the mission. It's not well documented in the manual, but that is how it works. You're doing nothing "wrong", it's just not been clear that you will be pressing Escape to end the mission

Getting a "Mission Success" or "Mission Failed" message depends on the parameters set by the mission itself, and can be influenced by things other than the player's actions. Sometimes, "Mission Success" can only be generated by landing at your base. It depends on the mission builder's taste. And the mission builder can also make a mistake, making a mission that is impossible to Succeed in, or making a mission that will take hours and hours and hours to get Mission Success because of some element not working right.

Your sentence " I am getting frustrated by spending the time to accomplish the goals only to find I have to do it all over again. " tells me that you have "No instant success" turned on. "No instant success" is the strangest option in the sim

It prevents you from progressing through a campaign unless the primary mission goals for the campaign mission you're flying are all met. Some people insist on flying "Full Switch", which means all switches in the difficulty screen turned on

This is not quite right. No pilot ever got the chance to fly a mission until he got it right. It's Unrealistic

You can't change the difficulty in the middle of a campaign unfortunately, but this is why you are flying the same mission again and again and again

This difficulty option is completely bizarre.

Wheels

Thanks for the quick response. I have used the escape key and it just puts me to the menu screen that says quit mission or refly there is no 'continue' option as in other games. I will persevere and try again and will look for the 'no instant success' option to see if that is activated.

Krys

Click escape to end the mission and then you are taken to the debriefing page.
Click the "Apply" button to move forward to the next mission.

This is the Dynamic campaign debriefing page. (DGen)

Click "Apply" to save the achievements you accomplished during the mission and move forward to the next mission
Click "Refly" to fly the mission again.
DGenCampaignMissionEndScreen.jpg

This is the Static campaign debriefing page.

Click "Apply" to save the achievements you accomplished during the mission and move forward to the next mission
Click "Refly" to fly the mission again.
StaticCampaignMissionEndScreen.jpg

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back