Burma Map (QMB Missions)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wheelsup_cavu

1st Sergeant
I originally posted this in another thread but the problems with the Airfields on the Burma map grew in scope and were not related to the original screenshot thread created by *SkyChimp*.
The quote links back to the original post.
Anyone who has ever played IL-2 for any length of time will know how rare it is for every one of the spawn/stay points to be occupied by an AI aircraft. Almost always there is something messed up with the spawn/staypoints. There are 17 spawn/stay points at this airbase near the city of Tamu, in Grid E3 - Map coordinates 49.0 x 28.0, on the stock version of the Burma map and the AI aircraft landed and taxied to all 17 of them. What was even more surprising to me was that they landed and taxied to all 17 stay points whether they landed on runway 17 or 35 !!

Click the View attachment link for the full size 1920 x 1080 image of the screenshot.

713886-c075205f787a65c15fe390c0e5a81474.jpg

View attachment 661314

713887-456d8f5eefce72211d45fc99ff6431da.jpg

View attachment 661315

My version of the airfield will look different than yours if you open up the map in the FMB since I did take the time to populate it some and add taxiway objects using the FMB. ;)

-----------------------------------------

Some screenshots from my work using the stock version of the Burma map.

A little afterburner action.
713888-180cffb03b71fd3e2fc5264ad2713f38.jpg

View attachment 661316

Bandits galore!
713889-c613028d0ab6e9c9a584b6fabc1d5439.jpg

View attachment 661317

-----------------------------------------

I have been doing some work with the stock Burma map using patch v4.12.2m. I only have a couple of Red Scramble missions done but I thought they might be a nice diversion for anyone who still might still be playing 1946. The files have been uploaded into this post. If the zip file does not create a Burma folder in your Quick folder then you will need to make one. The file path should look like this:
\Missions\Quick\Burma

Wheels

Attachments

• Burma.zip
    23 KB · Views: 27
Anyone who has ever played IL-2 for any length of time will know how rare it is for every one of the spawn/stay points to be occupied by an AI aircraft. Almost always there is something messed up with the spawn/staypoints.

And the second airbase I work with proves the rule…
icon_eyes.gif

The map builder used the exact same layout for the Naukpaw airbase located in Grid J1 - Map coordinates 95.3 x 6.3.
However, They did shift the runways 20 degrees so now you have a runway 33 and a runway 15.
grab0743-01.jpg

Those runways work fine but the spawn/stay points have problems now. Of the 17 available spawn/stay points only 9 of them work now.
The problem was caused by the map builder adding blast pens too close to the spawn/stay points. 8 of the 9 blast pens he added cause conflict with the AI aircraft.
This causes the AI aircraft to think that the spot is already occupied so they move to the next spawn/stay point that is available. The only one that did not cause a conflict is the one that I circled.
grab0743-02.jpg

As you can see in this screenshot there are only 9 aircraft parked now. :(
grab0745.jpg

Wheels

Burma is a beautiful map but the airfields definitely have issues...
I am still looking at the airfields one by one to see if there is a stock workaround/trick I can use so the QMB missions are playable by just about anyone.

One workaround I am already using is to remove a misplaced copse of trees on the secondary taxiway at the Palel Airfield in Grid B6, Map coordinates 16.2 x 54.4.
grab0753.jpg

I placed a Stationary Object Train Stock Car 8 next to the hut and had the AAA on the field blow it up.
Outside of being black instead of white it reminds me of a Propane gas tank.
grab0793.jpg

When the rail car blew up it took out the misplaced copse of trees and the hut just leaving some barely identifiable hulks that do not interfere with the AI aircraft using the taxiway.
grab0795.jpg

Now I can get AI aircraft to park at 21 of the 22 stay points.
grab0791.jpg

Even though there are some horrendous terrain issues with that secondary taxiway too.
grab0751.jpg

I used the Me-323 for my testing because as far as I know it is the largest aircraft we have in the stock game and if the taxiways function with it then it should function with any aircraft.

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back