• De Lisle Carbine

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • "Wellrod"

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MacArther

Staff Sergeant
Sep 19, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
www.edge-gamers.com
I checked multiple times for a topic like this, but could find no results. Anyway, what silenced firearm of World War Two do you like the best? If you specified other, please tell me what, because I currently have a low base of knowledge when it comes to covert firearms of WW2. Personally, I like the De Lisle Carbine because it had the hard-hitting .45 caliber bullet, could use the standard Colt 1911 magazines, and had a very good range with its pistol round.

I thought the welrod was the tube like gun that slipped up a long sleeved, and was held on the shoulder by a rifle carrying cord. This cord, if memory serves, allowed the user of the Welrod to withdrawl the weapon from beeing seen after the weapon had been used.

True

But what was meant by 'other'
I.E where there any other silenced weapons in WW2
There was a program on last night about spies which enlightend me alot; unfortunatly it was about the 1950's

The Hi-Standard Pistole was one, and there were others. Another was a rifle bought by the British from the Americans that was equipped with a silencer, although the project surrounding it was dropped when the rifle was revieled to have terrible accuracy.

I'll vote for the British Lee Enfield, rebarreled for .45ACP. The bolt was changed and the sights were redone. But still an Enfield. What a beauty.

Well, according to all of my sources, the Sten IIS wasn't used fully automatic, and instead only came in single shot. This was because the bafflers would get too hot, and loose their functionality. I still vote for the De Lisle because it still has a sound reduction ability that many find hard to beat. Supposedly, the loudest noise from the gun was the working of the bolt and the changing of magazines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back