I actually bought the book, but it's been a bit since I have read it. I do remember that, all things being equal, the pilots of each branch tended to like their own aircraft. Even so, you can glean some decent information about the aircraft based on the comments and rankings given after the conference. One thing that stood out was the F4U was ranked consistently high in just about all aspects of flight - maneuverability, speed, climb, stability, etc. compared to the rest of the aircraft but was dinged for the cockpit complexity. The F6F was not as well liked (which surprised me) but the Seafire was - except the performance of the Seafire was considered somewhat outdated. The P51 was about as well liked as the F4U, and was considered an easier plane to fly. The P51 was also rated as having a better cockpit layout than the F4U, although the Army pilots stated that the F4U could turn inside the P51. The P47D model was not liked as I would have thought it would be. The Bearcat and Super corsair were in attendance and were flown, but oddly very few commented on these aircraft.
Pretty neat to read comments from pilots that actually flew the aircraft as modern historians and flight aficianados tend to slant things for their favorites.