Figures 1/48 and 1/32....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Who has the biggest/best selection of figures for dioramas etc., in 1/48 and 1/32, all kinds, resin, plastic, etc., etc.?

Cheers lads! :thumbright:
Thinking both civilans and military....
1/32 is also 54mm and G-scale I think...

All of the above in 1/48th old chap, but 1/32nd are a bit thin on the ground, apart from relatively expensive individual figures, in resin or white metal.
However, in both scales, there are many possibilities by using other 'sets' not modelled as aircraft related figures.
In 1/48th, I've used Tamiya 'Panzer Servicing Crew' and 'German Infantry on Manouvres', both of which provide figures and accessories which can easily be converted to aircrew, ground crew and so on, with the accessories proving useful for dioramas.
In 1/32nd scale, any or all of the Airfix 'Multi-Pose' sets can be converted, again easily, using releavant sets for basic 'uniform'. For example, for the RAF in the MTO, the 8th Army or Afrika Korps sets can be adapted, and for RAF in the ETO, British Infantry, and German Infantry for Luftwaffe, although virtually any of the sets can be used in some way, with carving easily done in the soft plastic, and items such as flying helmets and 'Mae West' being added from 'Milliput'.
All of these have the added advantage of being modelled to individual requirements, when they won't look the same as everyone else's obvious ICM or Revell figures.
Here's a couple of examples of modified 1/32nd scale Airfix figures, and one of converted 1/48th scale Tamiya Panzer Servicing figure.

Attachments

• Gallery models 154.jpg
    Gallery models 154.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 185
  • Gallery models 159.jpg
    Gallery models 159.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 380
  • Bombers Build 217.jpg
    Bombers Build 217.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 152
1/32 white metal figures from Dartmouth Military Models (DMM) are superb. I'm a terrible figure painter but even I can make them presentable!

IMG_51_web.gif

Cheers

Steve

Far too much difference old chap. Might not seem like much, but a 1/35th scale figure next to a 1/32nd scale aircraft would look either like a school boy, or a malformed adult! Vehicles, at a distance, are just about passable, but still look very wrong.

Put a 1/32nd scale aircraft model alongside a 1/35th scale tank model, and you'll really see the difference old boy!
Talking of figures, I've just seen an advert for a release from Tamiya - one German Officer and one Afrika Korps tank crew figure, both in 1/35th, sold as a pack. These look very like individual figures form their 1970s range (of around 6 figures per pack) of German Infantry and Afrika Korps figures. The price is £12.50 - I think someone is really taking the p**** here!!

Aye! Some new boss needs to get his paycheque! Come on you c*nts, get a f*cking grip on reality! (sorry! :oops:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back