First EC-37B Delivered

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
I'll bet y'all did not even know what a C-37 was, did you? From Av Week:

"BAE Systems and L3Harris Technologies have delivered the first EC-37B Compass Call aircraft to the U.S. Air Force for developmental and operational testing.

The companies announced in May the first flight of the aircraft, a modified Gulfstream G550 business jet. BAE Systems, which makes the aircraft's electronic attack system, said on Sept. 12 that the Compass Call was delivered this month.The EC-37B is designed to disrupt an adversary's communications, radars and navigation systems, as well as suppress its air defenses by stopping transmission of important information between weapons systems and command-and-control networks.

BAE Systems produces the Compass Call airborne electronic system at its facility in Hudson, New Hampshire. The system is currently used within the older, legacy EC-130H Compass Call aircraft based on the Lockheed Martin C-130H cargo turboprop. L3Harris is integrating that electronic attack system into the Gulfstream G550 at its Waco, Texas, facility.

The EC-37B has better speed, endurance and high-altitude flight capabilities, making it more survivable, BAE Systems says. The better reliability and sustainability of the Gulfstream G550 means 10 EC-37B aircraft that the U.S. Air Force plans to buy can provide the equivalent electronic warfare capacity of the original 14 EC-130H aircraft fleet, L3Harris says."

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 16-36-32 BAE Systems L3Harris Deliver First EC-37B Compass Call To USAF.png

The RAAF has 4 or 5 of these on order - designated MC-55A. Last update seems to be from May last year.
Australia's New MC-55 Peregrine Electronic Warfare Jet Breaks Cover (Updated)

Thanks for sharing. I wasn't tracking the MC-55. Looks like it has a slightly different role than the EC-37B, including some ISR capabilities. That canoe under the forward fuselage reminds me of the SAR sensor on the UK's Sentinel aircraft.

1694872739729.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back