FloydFest 9; Music in the mountains...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mudpuppy

Senior Airman
I hated missing the Air Car show in Abingdon, VA but i'd made plans a long time ago to gather up my family and head out the Blue Ridge Parkway to FloydFest. What a great day on saturday...it was sold out so 14,000 people having a good time. Even in the 90 degree heat we all just had a good time walking around to all the music stages and hearings all kinds of roots music, bluegrass, funky soul, world rhythms....it was a great mix of all kinds of fun. They had great beers in the beverage gardens but since you had to keep your drinking in those areas it kept the main music areas very family friendly. These are a few shots I took near the end of the day....I was having so much fun i forgot all about my camera.
First is the main stage where Old Crow Medicine Show got us all dancing. Next is my 2 daughters and the youngest one's boyfriend (my son must have hid when the camera came out). Last is my lovely wife who still likes me after all my dancing.
MainStagewOCMS.jpg

MyGirlsnAdam.gif

LovelyWifenFuzzyMe.jpg

For some real professional looking shots i found a local college students flickr page with loads of good shots:
FloydFest - a set on Flickr
I'm not certain of this student's name, other than "geeknerd99" but they are some great shots of the whole show.

Anyhow, my first meager attempt at adding to some of the fine submissions here. I wanted to do it yesterday but I spent most of the day recuperating and re-hydrating. :)
Derek

Last edited:
Sounds like a great time. I saw Old Crow Medicine Show on a show on Public Television a while back. Those boys can play, would like to see them live someday.

I hate to keep bragging about our little festival in the mountains but I have to post one more update from one of our local papers. It even has a short video clip with a soundtrack playing a Levon Helm/The Band song.
FloydFest 2010

Anyone that is close, or has the money for airfare should think about coming next year. Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back