Fly! or else Post Your Models 2!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm working on a P51-D mustang. Rubber Band powered and will be done in a week or two. I hope. I'll put it on here when I'm done.

Hi !!!

mosquitoman said:
never heard of that plane but it looks great!

It is for you Mosquitoman.I hope I was useful.

RWD-8 was standard equipment for Polish aeroclubs and basic training plane of the Polish air Force. It was also used as a liaison plane in Air Regiments. RWD-8 was characterized by great aerodynamic qualities and exceptional easiness of pilotage. In September 1939 there were 40 RWD-8 aircraft in the liaison sections in Air Regiments.After Polish Defence War in September 1939 Germans captured some of Polish aircrafts. Most of them were damaged or destroyed, but about one hundred planes were airworthy. Germans captured several RWD-8 and at least two of them were repaired in Mielec factory and used by Luftwaffe. Some sources reports, that Germans used about 15 planes but this info is questionable. After seizing Latvia Germans recaptured about 10 ex-Polish ex-Soviet RWD-8 and probably those planes were used in German markings by Estonian pilots in 1943.

wingspan 11m
length 8m
hight 2,3m
wing area 19,5 m2
empty weight 480-500 kg
max weight 730-755 kg
powerplant PZInz Junior 81kW (110 KM)
Vmax 170-175 km/h
Vmin 75-80 km/h
rate of climb 4,0-4,7 m/s
ceiling 4200-5000 m
range 435-500 km

Comparable Aircraft : Acme Sportsman - de Havilland Tiger Moth

There some pics of RWD-8, source unknown:

Attachments

• RWD8_SP_BBO.jpg
    RWD8_SP_BBO.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 78
  • RWD8_SP_BCE.jpg
    RWD8_SP_BCE.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 66
  • RWD8_SP_ZHP.jpg
    RWD8_SP_ZHP.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 70
  • RWD8_white55.jpg
    RWD8_white55.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 73
  • RWD8.jpg
    RWD8.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 70
  • RWD8_rys.gif
    RWD8_rys.gif
    148.5 KB · Views: 64
  • RWD8_profile.jpg
    RWD8_profile.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 71
going well, however I can't build cause my High School Admission test is near and i need to study for my exams which are next week

and my AB got ****ed... someone bent the needle

my brother wanted to save up and buy an rc helicopter, one of those petrol driven ones. i dont blame him, at the time they seemed cool to me too...

... oh how times change!

every couple of years I build one until the tragic accident this is hanging over the kitchen window its not a good spot but I like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back