Fly! or else Post Your Models 2!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thats a problem I have, I either over paint/brush an area or I under paint/ brush an area. The P40 and a sci-fi model I made were really the only ones I am proud of.

hey that wellington was done totally with paintbrushes! although i'm going to experiment with more aerosols this summer, cheaper than a airbrush :lol:

and yeah i've tried some weathering on my beater (my Revel Dambuster because it's such a poor model it wasn't worth keeping), still working on it though, so for the moment all ym aircraft are delivered factory fresh :thumbright:

Weathering is not so easy to do for me, but I paint with a paint you use for models and it was not easy in the beginning, but I got it right at the end. I painted my Titanic like it looked the day it was freshly painted. I want to build a battleship and compete in those shooting copetisions, but it is not cheap.

Easyist form of weathering with a brush is a dark grey/black wash, done lightly over the aircraft. It'll just tone the colors down.

Finished my Typhoon, the pic is before the transfers went on, also a pic of my Battle and part of my ceiling (it's a bit more crowded now)

Attachments

• DSCF0416.JPG
    DSCF0416.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF0303.JPG
    DSCF0303.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF0141.JPG
    DSCF0141.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 97
I can't find no more Luft 1/48 fighters in the store, so im taking them off the ceiling and putting them on the shelf, Ima get some 1/72 aircraft when i have time

Thats alot of them Mossie. The only model I have built and painted so far is a
Spitfire Mk. V. I think my next model will be a P-38J and for a tank, a Panzer IV or a Tiger I

I find myself adding wire going from the body into the undercarriage to give it strength.

My 3 latest: Typhoon; Demon and Spitfire (note "hangar" in background)
Doing an RE8 WW1 Biplane followed by a Javelin, a Harrier and whatever I can pick up at Flying Legends tomorrow!

Attachments

• DSCF0417.JPG
    DSCF0417.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCF0446.JPG
    DSCF0446.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF0447.JPG
    DSCF0447.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 73

Users who are viewing this thread

Back