Fly! or else Post Your Models 2!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wurger said:
posted by Tiger : I model mostly model armour in 1:72, I use them for war gaming!

A very interesting idea Tiger.More details?

I'll post some better shots soon.

Me and my freinds have invented our own rules. You have a movement phase and a shooting phase.

Each unit type can only move a certain distance, e.g. infantry can move 4" per turn whilst armour can move 6" and motorbikes etc 8".

When you shoot, each weapon has a different range, strength and armour penetration. These will depend what armour your weapon can go through and how much damage is done.

You use dice rolls to decide if you hit or missed as well as on other occasions, like when comandos are climbing a high wall if you roll a 1 they fall and die, or when crossing a mine field the number you roll on the dice is the number that die.

The rules we have are an adaption of the game Warhammer 40k, which is a fantasy war game played in the future.

I do not like the Tamiya models, the plastic is really bad and their Battleships suck big time, I have Revel and it great models and I have not had any problems with their models. I have allready started with model paint and only need to finnish it.

I will agree with you there mossie. I like the game that you play Tiger. I wish I could do that you lucky son of a gun. I must say that I got the Titanic model and it has a lot of parts and it is not so great to paint but it is on skill 5 the hardest one and I found it a great challenge. It is a Revell and the plastic has not broken like my friends Tamiya models did when the ascendantly fell on his be of the shelf. Mine once fell of the shelf on the tile floor and did not have a chip in the hull, which is the most finished part of the model. The Revell model paint is also great and it makes the model look great.

Hey, has anyone ever modded a plane a bit? My example would be a (long lost) P40 model I had that I asked a question about here. I turned it into a P40 Q, cutting down the back and putting in a bubble canopy. Unfortunately, the move to the new house has left me lacking somethings, and that is one of them. Back to the original question, anyone ever put more guns, different loadout, or otherwise on their planes?

Complaing about the quality, have you ever tried an Eastern-block model? Like KoPro or some Polish brand? That's hell...

As to your uqestion, McArther. Yes, I usually enhance my models with scratchbuilt items; like seatbelts (scrapped from wine foil), cannons (injection needles), antennas (threads), etc... It makes the build much more joy!

Tiger: Cool game you play but how do you select the distance? Eg. if you roll 6 on your dice, how do know how much should the tank move? I guess you have gridded desk?!

Pisis said:
Tiger: Cool game you play but how do you select the distance? Eg. if you roll 6 on your dice, how do know how much should the tank move? I guess you have gridded desk?!

You measure using a 24 inch ruler, tanks will always move 6 inches, but infantry if going over rough ground you must roll a dice and take the score away from 4 inches, if you get four or over it is assumed you men fell or slipped and must wait until next turn to move.

i don't like Revel's larger kits, i've tried their Wellington which aint exactily amazing but their Dambuster is appauling, very poor fitting, i've sh*t out more accurate turrets and the detail's shockingly poor.........

Their Wellington wasn'[t bad I thought- did you do the East Asia or the Coastal Command version? I've modded my Liberator from 8th AF to Coastal Command and metal parts here and there. Bit p*ssed of at the moment because I've lost my plans for the RAF collection and can't download them off the Airfix site

it was the turrets and cockpit that let her down, I kinda did my own thing with the wellington, i didn't like the SE Asia command markings so did the ETO Night scheme with the coastal command markings, looks very Bomber Command which was the look i went for, in tribute to a friend i then painted her name on the nose :lol:

Attachments

• 0504250018.JPG
    0504250018.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 0504250019.JPG
    0504250019.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 0504250020.JPG
    0504250020.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 94
looks alot better than anything i made
I can't ind Revell or Airfix anywhere, only Tamiya, Academy and Italaeri
Academy sux... they don't even have swastikas on the tail

Italeri kits I found are very good and have great detail...

Complaing about the quality, have you ever tried an Eastern-block model? Like KoPro or some Polish brand? That's hell...

Oh joy, I shall look forward to making my P.108 model... ;)

Hi Lanc !!!
Your model is nice.I like it mate.But,I agree with Pisis ,some weathering would be needed.

loomaluftwaffe said:
I only use a damn paint brush

No Looma, it is not a damn one.It is a very useful tool.If you don't believe look at my models in Picture Album I've put.They were painted using a brush, only Tempest was painted with airbrush.I think they don't look worst.Of course, if you want to take part in competitions the airbrush is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back