Focke Wulf 190 F-8 Specifications

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PatBer

Recruit
Aug 3, 2014
Hello.

I'm new here and I have a question that I hope someone might be able to help me with.

During the war, a several airplanes went down close to where I live, one of them being a Focke Wulf fw 190 F-8. After being shot down, it hit a cliff face near the shore and the force of the impact propelled the body into the ocean, only the engine was left on land.

I was wondering about some of the details about the aircraft, namely the type of engine, range and top speed. I wasn't sure how much was changed between the F8 and some of the other versions. Was it just the armament?

I would be very thankfull if someone could help me out.

The Fw 190F-8 was an assault plane based on the FW 190A-8. Because attaching of the MG17 machine guns was stopped , the new MG131s were introduced and assembling lines. The armament of the F-8 was 2xMG131 and 2xMG151/20E But usually the 2xMG151/20E were mounted only. Also there were attached bomb racks , the ETC 501 under the fuselage and ETC 50 ( later ETC 70 or 71 ) under wings. The radio set FuG 16ZY for the A-8 variant was replaced with FuG 16ZS. Also the F-8 got a new wider slided back cockpit conopy giving a better visibility forward and on sides. The F-8 version was powered by BMW 801D-2 engine rated at 1700HP. Seed 520 km/h. Ceiling abot 7250m and range about 770km. There were sub-variants of the F type called F-8/U1, F-8/U-2, F-8/U-2, F-8/R-1 depending on the additional equipment.

JaPo Focke Wulf Fw190F-G pg 25-26

1.jpg
2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back