Focke Wulf Fw190

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

+9

1655551719256.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It is interesting to see the Fw 190 in post #545 (Yellow 14+ ???) with the cross being overspray so much with the surrounding camouflage.

What are the white lines on the fuselage of the machine in post #531? Marking guides? Or???

And could Red? 9+ from post #542 be the same aircraft that is visible in post #540 (and #544)? Obviously coming from the same album... same unit... so?

Last edited:
:thumbright:

And yes the Fw190A in the pics #540,#542 and #544 is the Wurger of the 3./JG11. Possible she could be the same aircraft. The number could be of the yellow as well. The red or yellow strip on the fuselage was the Schwarmfuhrer marking.

Here is a shot of her without the fuselage strip. Believing the caption the image was taken in 1943. So, the image in #542 seems to be taken later because the Schwarmfuhrer making was added and the white JG band looks like overpainted and replaced with the yellow one used from Autumn of 1943.

Focke-Wulf-Fw-190A6-3.JG11-Yellow-9-Husum-1943.jpg

the source: Jagdgeschwader 11 Focke-Wulf Fw 190s

Considering that all those images are coming from the same album could the machine from #545 be the same as "14" in #548? Just shown after the repaint of the fuselage & repaint of the band?

Yes. It looks like that to me. It is always sad when such albums get plucked for shots & sold separately & context is lost ;(((

That's true. But actually I doubt these are the orginal images from the album. . I would say these are the copies "pretending" the source pics.

Really? Then someone went into great extent to fake all the damn peeling glue used for the corners of the images in those old albums

Really? Then someone went into great extent to fake all the damn peeling glue used for the corners of the images in those old albums

Do you really think that the seller has the couple of shots for selling only? .... Having more than one set of the images he can earn more of money than you can expect.

Hello Mr Fubar, as a person doing photography for living and also practising techniques from 1850s till the most recent ones, I kinda know how people do it.
Also Wurger, I know that selling multiple sets - makes multiple amounts of money :) I just thought it was a genuine set of shots. Like some other on eBay. Sad to hear we cannot trust anyone :)))

I don't say all ebay sellers are cheating guys. But the kind of trading is always moneymaking .... unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back