for you Doraphiles .........

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Les,

..let us know what you think of the JG 300 book ..! by the time you get your book I'll be browsing the French edition of Vol II...in Vol II the authors present details for the first time of II.(Sturm)/JG 300 tank busting operations on the Oder Front in February 1945 ..
since the question of Mombeek's JG 4 book was raised I'll just add that I'm busy translating it right now ..although I don't know when or how the author is planning to publish it..last time I spoke to him he said he'd had it with publishers..so he'll probably release it himself...(as he did for the original German language edition..)

Im already deep into it, just started up January 1944.... You did a really great job translating this book Neil... Im looking foward to the English Version of Vol2.... ESPECIALLY Volume 2...

Just got done reading about 30 January 1944... Brunings account on page 126, and Dieterles on 127 are excellent examples of Wilde Sau.... Excellent!!!

ya know this probably isn;t the right thread to do this but since Neil made comment, Les if you want to ask any questions on the volume 1 issue maybe Neil and or I can help ?

just two centos in the boiling pot.

Les you've got me beat I am still in 1943 though I did a fast forward up to the begiining of September 44 to see the SturmFw battles, I must say some great first person accts and that is what makes this book shine obviously. maybe a little dry due to very little coverage of whom JG 300 attacked as to bomber groups but that is just my opinion as I really like to dig into the other side as well if it is at all possible to cross reference. (I didn't purchase all those bomb group mission reports for nothing).
The Frenchmen really did their thing though with much new information and getting mythical details straightened out.

Great work for volume 1 and obviously Neil made it all very readable .... and stirring

I did a fast forward up to the begiining of September 44 to see the SturmFw battles
You freakin cheater....

There arent many questions concerning the book... Its not the first book Ive read about Night Fighters, but the details concerning JG 300 and the the Wilde Sau are new and exciting... Sooooo many lost machines, especially during the Winter of '43...

I feel as well that knowing who II/JG 300 went up against is important, and in certain instances, the Frenchies do say which unit the Sau were attacking.... Not nearly enough tho...

Im kinda surprised that so far there are not many reports of Mossies being shotdown.... Only a couple so far... Many sightings, but they cant close on em... A couple of Sau do get shotdown by Mossies before 1/44...

hey man I can do that .......... :p

your last sentance will be answered in part when you get to August 44 as before there was only talk and Goebbels and Göring were starting to feel the heat by the German citizens living in and around Berlin, thus something had to be done. Les we're really going to cover this quite indepth in our work from the beginning and then off to 10./JG 300 committments from 8-44 till 11-44. volume 2 in JG 300 will cover more on the night mossie staffel. There are a couple of pics of personalities toward the end of volume 1 as well as the Staffelkapitäns einwinkel Bf 109G-14/AS.

The tactics are in basic form towards the end of volume 1 as well but we will go again quite indepth from several pilots personal accts. In the time frame of 43 early 44 it was all done by trial and error, and the 109's and Fw 190's of different gruppes were hoping they could get airborne and make a very high altitude and then dive down on the unsuspecting Mossie crews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back