Forts, Fortifications, Citadels etc. (1 Viewer)

:thumbright:
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Fort Goryokaku, Japan. Aa star fort in the Japanese city of Hakodate on the island of Hokkaido. The fortress was completed in 1866
Fort Goryokaku.jpg
 
Fort Schuyler in the Bronx, N.Y. City. the Bronx.Whitesone bridge (295) crosses over it. It always amused me to see portable air conditioning units in the gunports. It protected NYC from attacks via Long Island Sound. Across the way is Fort Totten, which was never completed.
Ft Schuyler bronx aerial.jpg
 
In 1975, a buddy and I visited Fort Totten in Queens, N.Y. That's the Bronx-Witestione bridge in the distance with Fort Schuyler. As masonry forts were proven obsloete (and expensive) during the Civil War it was never finished.They did have a water battery with six-pounder rapid firing guns nearby.
I'm wearing an original dark-blue Type L2-A jacket (Superior Togs Corp) I still have it.

Ft Totten NY 1975.jpg
 
Last edited:
Camp Hero, Montauk point, Long Island N.Y. Way back in the mid-1970s My late buddy, Bob Krause took his camera and I took some WW2 uniform stuff I had. I think I was standing on an AAA gun platform.

Montauk Point, L.I.N.Y. a.jpg
 
:cool:
 
:cool:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back