Forum suffering from loss of memory?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've never encountered that one Jan................yet. I seem to be swapping back and forth between Chrome and Firefox for uploading. If it's a single upload I use Chrome and if it's multiple pics I use Firefox

It is not the forum issue but it is a message from the OS of your mobile device, try to go to developer options, scroll all the way down, and uncheck or turn off the 'DO NOT KEEP ACTIVITIES' option. just turn it back up, if you want, when you're done with your upload.

"Most of the Android user`s experience the error "unable to complete previous operation due to low memory" even if they have a 4GB internal memory. If you are using the Official Google Chrome browser on your Android device and you always encountered this everytime you open Facebook for instance, I would advise that you download another browser like Firefox. You can download Firefox beta on Google play store. Also, if you are uploading a photo using Google Chrome and the error alerways appear, you can try the ES File Manager. You can easily access your files from your device and share them with others"

Last edited:
Hi Wurger, I beg to differ. I am a web developer and that is a server side error. I have had the same error on my monster desktop PC with 64 gigs of memory and nothing but the OS and a browser running. It will be infrequent but rather random based on the load of the host server.

As I understand the most of info on the error it is caused by the Android version of the Chrome browser that works wrong with the Adobe Flash or the Java ( PHP/HTML ) script resulting in the temp memory or the stack overflown while using a low end device with not much of RAM and trying to upload too large hi-res pictures especially...

BTW .. the message from the forum server about a such error would be looking a little bit different I would say. The message posted by Jan above means that there isn't enough memory on the mobile device to preview or upload images and doesn't have anything in common with the forum serever rather. An infection with malware is is very likely as well. But I would say it has been caused by the recent updates of the mobile soft there.

IMHO, "Jak coś jest do wszystkiego to jest do niczego" ... a jack of all trades is master of none

Last edited:
And as it has happened to me on both Windows 10 and on Mac OSX which have nothing to do with Android I can assure you it is an intermittent server issue. Also the error message is emitted via the http reply. An OS error would not appear directly in the html like that. It usually triggers a dialog box error. The source code fo this forum contains that exact message string so there is honestly no doubt or argument to be made. Now as to why it can be a multitude of issues none of which are the fault of or able to be corrected by changes on the forum end. The error never persists for long and seems to only affect this one area so I suspect it is not a large issue nor does it pose any risk to the forum.

To be honest I have never seen the error on all of my comps with different OS. Because Jan uses the mobile device with the Android OS I would say it is the reason. Also , having a lot of RAM does't mean the device uses it fully, especially if it is the mobile.The devices use a small part of the internal storage for OS working that may be limited if the devices have been using for longer time.. So a way of the memory management may cause the problem. However I agree that the error never persists for long.

Last edited:
Some weird stuff happening tonight. I've had the problem again up-loading pics, only being able to up-load one at a time, very slowly, and then unable to up-load any, as there was no response, and also had very slow running of the forum, being unable to even access the forum for some time. Then the 'Post reply' button had no effect, and then I got a double post !

Users who are viewing this thread