Found! YB-40 / B-17F Data Plate 42-5734

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well very cool! And your ex wife is an IA! I can understand!

I was on a project where Connie Kaletta was purchasing some 747s that were operated in China. The FAA wouldn't issue airworhtiness certificates because the Chinese pulled all the data plates off the aircraft! It was fun watching him argue with the FAA!

Well welcome to the forum - a few of us could be crusty but at the end of the day we share the same passion!
Connie used to come to our hangar and hoist a few cold ones back when he first started his Hawaii runs. Re: the PK's only seen that twice, but most often 526's or what was the # for the small black screws, any how, yep I guess there are old wire/wrench twisters still in the game. I never leave, can't its in the blood. Dad was an engineer at Glenn L. Martin at Pax river, and my godfather was one of the designers on the B-26 Marauder. ( Ex -GF was Chuck Yeager's cousin) Thanks for the welcome.

Connie used to come to our hangar and hoist a few cold ones back when he first started his Hawaii runs. Re: the PK's only seen that twice, but most often 526's or what was the # for the small black screws, any how, yep I guess there are old wire/wrench twisters still in the game. I never leave, can't its in the blood. Dad was an engineer at Glenn L. Martin at Pax river, and my godfather was one of the designers on the B-26 Marauder. ( Ex -GF was Chuck Yeager's cousin) Thanks for the welcome.
I'll be 62 soon and I'm going to hang it up for a 2nd time but I'll always be doing something around aircraft until I'm either in a wheelchair or 6 feet under. Spent many years in SoCal, did the manufacturer merry go round (Lockheed, Boeing, contractor for McDonnell Douglas and Northrop) and spent many years working at Mojave airport. Warbirds, experimental stuff, good times- oh and Cessna 150s!

I'll be 62 soon and I'm going to hang it up for a 2nd time but I'll always be doing something around aircraft until I'm either in a wheelchair or 6 feet under. Spent many years in SoCal, did the manufacturer merry go round (Lockheed, Boeing, contractor for McDonnell Douglas and Northrop) and spent many years working at Mojave airport. Warbirds, experimental stuff, good times- oh and Cessna 150s!
A fellow Norcrafter.. cool Did a stint with TRW as well, then few years later became the assistant curator for the Hiller Aviation Museum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back