Four German planes shot down in a single flight...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Richard Audet of 411 Sqn got 5 single engine fighters in a Spitfire IXE on December 29th, 1944. 3 FW 190s of JG54 and a 109 each from JG 6 and JG 27. It was his 52nd operational sortie, but the first time he had met enemy fighters.

He then went on to post 5 more kills as well as 1 more shared and 1 on the ground, all in January 1945, before flak killed him on a straffing mission in early March.

hi, i am new to this but would dearly like any info at all relating to dick audet who married a relative of my mother in laws and of course we need to start some where to trace any information........regards..........dave............not sure if i will log in again yet so please contact me on [email protected]

To me, the most incredible action described on " legends of WWII" from the Aircraft of the aces series is the flight by Capt William Schomo and Lt Paul Lipscomb on Mustangs, January 1945, in the Philipinies. They attacked a japanese formation of 12 single engines and 1 bomber. Schomo downed 6 Ki-61 Tony's and the Betty, Lipscomb geting 3 Tony's.

ANXBe.png

Last edited:
does anyone know of other German Experten (or just plain ol good fighter pilot) that got four or more US a/c in a day other than Mayer in the ETO? Same question for shooting down Brits in daylight?

Not talking about Afrika, and multiple missions ok.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Guys,

this is my first post here.

@ drgondog

Erich Hartmann shot down 4 Mustangs in 10 min. early 1944 over Romania with a ME 109 G6 without MV 50. Later in this fight he was alone against seven Mustangs in a Combatfight and he wasn`t shot down but was running out of fuel so that he jumped out of his ME.

LOL- We call that "Chased" Down and counted the same as being shot down as he did not match a take off with a landing.

Seriously though I believe the encounter was in Summer 1944 in July/August timeframe?

August 18, 1940 "The Hardest Day" Oblt. Gerhard Shoepfel, 9./JG 26 shot down four Hurricanes from 501 Sqdn in a matter of a few minutes when he bounced them, alone!

Alot of nightfighters also had multiple nights.

March 12-13 1943 - Oblt. Manfred Meurer of 3./NJG 1 downed 4 RAF bombers.
March 29-30 1943 - Lt. August Geiger of 7./NJG 1 downed 5 RAF bombers
April 16-17 1943 - Lt. Helmut Bergmann of III./NJG 4 downed 4 RAF bombers.

Theres many more.

I Gotta read the posts better!

What I found for the begin of summer 44. Strictly fighter vs fighter, daylight, over France or thereabouts;

May 19, 1944 - Fw. Heinrich Bartels 11./JG 27 2 P-47s and 1 P-51 in 5 minutes.
June 6, 1944 - Hptm. H. Huppertz III./JG 2 3 Typhoons, 1 P-51 and 1 P-47
June 7, 1944 - Hptm. T. Weissenberger I./JG 5 5 P-47s
June 10, 1944 - Lt. Adolf Glunz 6./JG 26 3 P-47s
June 14, 1944 - Fw Heinrich Bartels 11./JG 27 4 P-47s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back