Frisk Film.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Do you mean frisket tape?
I haven't seen that in a modeller's armoury for quite some years, I didn't realise they still manufactured it.
Is that what you meant?

Charles, Frisk Film, often called Frisket, is a semi-translucent, almost clear, polyester film base (like photographic sheet film, without an emulsion) that was designed for the graphics industry. It is used in that field for masking areas of drawings or film/film negatives. It's got a low-tack, self adhesive back, so that it can easily be peeled off, re-positioned etc. It's an excellent material for masking some areas or components in modelling.
Until I saw Lucky's post, I'd forgotten I have a few sheets of it somewhere!
The slight problem is, it was relatively expensive for modelling use, as paints made it unusable 'second time around', and it used to come in packs of 50 or 100 sheets, in various sizes from A4 up. However, by todays modelling standards, considering the prices of most other modelling materials/accessories, it is probably not as expensive as it would seem. It is very useful material, that can be cut into small shapes, for example, for masking canopies etc. I'll have to try and find the few sheets I have left, from my time in the 'trade'.

One of my locals has this one, which I might try.....

Attachments

• frisket.jpg
    frisket.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 60
I think that's probably the same sort of stuff Jan. Can't quite make out the writing on the label small print, but the name seems familiar from my 'trade' days. I seem to recall the the original 'Frisk' used a red and white label design, but the name seems to have become synonomous with any similar product, bit like 'Hoover' for vacuum cleaner. Try to find out if it's available in sheet form, it might cost a bit more than a roll, but will be easier to use in smaller sizes - no 'curl', and easier to cut. I'd be interested to know how it performs if you get some mate.

Got a roll today, which was all they had. But, I could have gone nuts in there if I have had the money....CRIKEY! :shock:

Ive got two packs of the stuff that i brought back from the states its low tack semi translusent and can be a pain in the a... to use if you have the air pressure too high on your airbrush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back