FuG 202 equipment in BF-110 cockpit bordfunker area?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jjp_nl

Staff Sergeant
Apr 13, 2011
While the obvious visual feature if this device is ofcourse the small forest of aerials on the nose of an A/C equiped with this radar device I'm kind of wondering how this equipement looked in terms of devices visible in the bord-funker area of a BF-110 cockpit.

I admit, this indeed has to do with my 'well loved' BF-110 nightfighter modeling project for which the kit arrived today (new CyberHobby kit...which is a true marvel of engineering) However, it's a BF-110D destined to be build with FuG202 equipment onboard. I therefore possibly need to skip or remove a few parts as the aircraft I intend to model wasn't equiped with FuG202. It is therefore that I'm looking into how the interior of a BF-110D looked with and without FuG202 equipment.

Many thanks in advance.

Start with these two, sourced off the net. These appear to be a later C or possibly a D model layout without the radar. Source - Internet.

I'll see if I can dig up something on the radar.

Attachments

• 110 Radio.jpg
    110 Radio.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 685
  • Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-405-0555-34,_Flugzeug_Messerschmitt_Me_110,_Cockpit.jpg
    Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-405-0555-34,_Flugzeug_Messerschmitt_Me_110,_Cockpit.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 501
Thanks fellas. It would seem to me the radar equipement can be found (if present) installed near the roof of the canopy. I've seen extra electronic equipment sitting there in BF-110 equiped with FuG202 and possibly other Lichtenstein devices too in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back