Fugly Buildings...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well take the Stalinist Gothic 'Hotel International' in Prague - done in that cream-cake Fifties architecture that the skyscrapers in Moscow have been built in.

If that was turned into apartments, people would go nuts to try and get one - I would if I had the money! (actually, if I had the money I'd get a place in Prague full stop)

Attachments

• creamcake_623.jpg
    creamcake_623.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 471
That one is in Dejvice district, formerly called Hotel Moscow, now Royal Crown International Plaza... whadda paradox :lol:

Wouldn't you like to visit this one, instead:

praha6.jpg

or this one:

corinthia_towers1.jpg

:lol:

plan_D said:
No matter the name, the first one is a still as ugly as sin.

Do you mean the Dancing Building? I'd disagree. It makes the place really fresh, you should see the whole block of the houses there. Well, it was a big debate here about it and the building itself went a bit controversal but I like it.

Well, we all have our opinions and mine is; it's ugly.

I've been inside the cafe of that building - it's by the Vatlava River. My girlfriend at the time loved it.

We stayed at the Corinthia - not a pretty building, but we weren't looking at the architecture of it when we were there.... ;)

Just making sure. You might be one of those ones that just sit there watching TV and racking up bills with the mini bar...and building pillow forts. Yes, there are really people out there like Homer Simpson.

The Dancing Building sure is ugly, but it's also undeniably cool... 8)

I'm not gonna try to bore you all with pictures of the thousands of ugly buildings in L.A., so rather I'll post up pictures of NON-fulgy buildings...

OK, I'll bore you with "non-fugly" city then:

1_title.jpg

We'll begin our virtual sightseeing tour with a couple of overall panorama pics:

2_karl_hrad.jpg

Prague Castle called Hradcany" [Hrudchunee] with the Lesser Town and the Charles Bridge

3_karl_hrad_malastr.jpg

The same seen from the opposite river coast...

4_fromthekarl.jpg

Hradcany along with the Lesser Town seen from the Charles Bridge

5_karlmost1.jpg
7_karlmost3.jpg

6_karlmost2.jpg

Gothic Charles Bridge with Baroque sculptures

8_malastr.jpg

9_mikulas.jpg

The Lesser Town from Hradcany

10_svvit1.jpg
11_svvit2.jpg

Sv. Vit (St. Vithus) Cathedral of Hradcany

12_nardiva.jpg

National Theater

13_karolinum.jpg

Charles University (Universitas Carolina) is the fourth oldest university (Bologna, Sorbonna, Oxford, Prague)

14_orloj.jpg

The Prague Orloj [Orloi] - Clocwork - on the Old Town Square

15_tynskychram.jpg

Tynsky chram [Teenskee khraam] - The Thinus's Palace on the Old Town Square

16_staronova.jpg

Jewish Town - The Old New Synagogue - the oldest synagogue in Europe

17_hrbitov.jpg

Jewish Town - Old Jewish Cemetery with tombstones from the 14th and 15th century

18_vaclavak.jpg

Vaclavske namesti [Vaatslavske naamiestiee] - St. Venceslav's Square - the main boulevard of Prague. The guy on the horse is King Vaclav, the patron of the Czechlands. In the back building of the Prague Main Museum - in 1968 during the invasion of Soviets it was mistaken by the government settle and suffered heavily from the Russian tanks...

19_zizkvez.jpg

Prague Zizkov Tower

20_tram.jpg

Historical Czech Tramway

21_tancici.jpg

The Dancing Building (not ugly I think... :lol:)

Praha - Interesting place to live in, isn't it? ;) If you want to come, I surely recommend it. It will enrich both yourself and Czech economy. :p :D

PS: And I'm not talking about the nightlife here... ;)

Show your place!

Hello SeaNorris!

Yo, I've been to Liverpool - it's quite a while - a very nice city though! What I liked the best was The Beatles Museum and The Merseyside Museum. 8)

Yes, I know - but still very nice. Only pitty that we hadn't as much time as we needed so the Merseyside was just a quickie... :cry:

Here some pics from my England Tour Album (It was in 1996, I think :confused: ):

liverpool1.jpg

liverpool2.jpg

liverpool3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back