future ww2 1/32 models trumpeter (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Found a website that had photos of the parts trees on the widow. I'd say my knowledge of widows is a little better than average. Right off I could see that some of the parts are inaccurate. The ladder for instance is a two piece affair. They have it a one piece. Come on, in 32nd scale it should have not only the two pieces but the gear mechanism as well. Nor does it have the pilot's chair back release. The radar operator's compartment looks great at a glance. There is a clear section of the fuselage around the turret guns. I guess its there to show off the gun system but that's incomplete as well; of course some of the photos have both spoilerons up at the same time. :( I really feel the need to build a 48th scale widow and show how those things were used.

Doesn't sound too good.
If a 1/32nd scale kit is produced with some parts being 'representative', to simplify production, and the kit is reasonable overall, and sells for, say £35 or approximately $52, then that's fine - modellers don't mind correcting or scratch-building the odd part. But if that same kit sells for £100, or approximately $150, then there's no excuse, and even less excuse if there are major shape problems too.
What really peeves me, is that Trumpeter, by all accounts, have done a good job on their 1/48th scale Wellingtons (if perhaps a touch expensive, compared to other, similar sized kits), and there's only one complete real aircraft in the World. Yet on others, such as the P-51, where there are many real survivors from which to gain data and measurements, they **** it up !

Last edited:
Oddly enough I'm finding that I may be wrong as to this being a Trumpeter model. A second glance at the advertising shows the name HobbyBoss. I believe this is the same group as Great Wall, a chinese company. There is only one completely assembled P-61B in the world and its sitting at an Engineering University in Bejing.

Ah, yes, Hobbyboss have announced one recently, certainly in 1/48th scale, and perhaps in 1/32nd also? In which case, apologies to Trumpeter - until the kit is reviewed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back