Fw 189-A

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Overwhelming. Certainly for the purist, say looking for museum level builds, this is something that would need to be considered. But for me, if I'm close within the color spectrum's, then I'm good. Just need to be sure that I publish the correct colors; as painted and as seen on the screen.
Also need to think about scale effect, like accurate color that 'looks' good on a 1/32 FW-190 can look too dark on a 1/144 kit

This is as good as it will get. As anticipated by many, the decals disintegrated. First attempt at holding them together, using decal film, I underestimated how much to apply. Second attempt, it did not fracture as much. Flooded the rest, but still had issues. Thus the loss of a few. But it is still a handsome build given it's issues. No bottom shots other than the tilted port view. No detail to show!

No white balance, color correction even attempted. So have to live with the colors shown.

Fw 189 A-1 Port 2.jpg

Fw 189 A-1 Port 3.jpg
Fw 189 A-1 Port 4.jpg

Fw 189 A-1 Stbd.jpg

Good stuff Ralph. The early Model Air colours were sketchy at best but the problem is finding out when they finally improved their quality control. There are still old bottles of the wrong colour call out sitting on hobby shop shelves

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back