FW 190 A-8/R1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
Hi guys
While i was looking on the internet for something to do.I came across this 190.
Question 1. how easy/hard is it to make a Eduard 190 A-8/R2 into this bird.
Question 2. As anybody got any info on it.
Thanks

190W.jpg

I think the Red number of the profile you sent is incorrect. It should be black "nine" of SG2. The kite can be found in a few books ( Kagero Fw190 vol.III for instance) The camo was done with RLM74/75/76 with white smudges on upper surfaces. As memo serves the main landing gesr doors on legs were dismounted partially like for the Black2 and Black5 planes.

There shouldn't be any problem for converting the Eduard model into that. I don't remember but you might need to find or scratch build ETC racks because F-8 and F-9 were assault variants of A-8 and A-9 types.

Attachments

• Fw190F-8  SG2 black5.JPG
    Fw190F-8 SG2 black5.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 1,093
  • Fw190F-8 SG2 Black2.JPG
    Fw190F-8 SG2 Black2.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 2,940
Thanks Wojtek

I don't have any books on any aircraft, i just usually do the aircraft that is on the instructions.:oops:

I am waiting for more practice before i attempt this aircraft.

Good afternoon (in UK Wurger)

What book do the excellent illustartions, which you show come from?

Regards,

weinace:p

Good afternoon ( in Poland too ,Weinace )

These references I have found via The Internet. It took a few seconds to find them.

Generally the pic with Black2 is well known and can be found in many books about Fw190.So it is not easy to list them all.. The profile was in World's Aircraft or something like that . I don't remember exactly.

But these two below I have found in Osprey Aviation Elite Units series vol.13 titled The Luftwaffe Schlachtgruppen. Believing in picture captions both Fw190 were F-9 variant with bulged cockpit conopies belonged to II./SG2.

Attachments

• Fw190F-9 II_SG2 black2.jpg
    Fw190F-9 II_SG2 black2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 308
  • Fw190F-9 II_SG2 black9.jpg
    Fw190F-9 II_SG2 black9.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 269
That aircraft is in the Tamiya F-8/9 kit as Red 9, if you want the red 9 decals you can have them....drop me a PM with address details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back