Fw-190 A-8/R2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well two more objections the 13 is black not grey as so is the ~ on the white fuselage band besides the swastika should be black and not just s white outline. the foto though poor show this I have better pics of black 13 form the cine films during the4 victory roles over the Illesheim A/F.

yellow 17 was only flown on pre Sturm attacks by Unger in fact it is not even in his flugbuch which I have a copy of besides a copy of all his pics from his personal fotoalbum.

Fw-190A-8/R2 flown by Leutnant Hans Weik, 10. (Sturm)/JG3, Memmingen/Germany, July 7th 1944
1-Fw-190A8-JG3.4-(W1+~)-$Waik-Memmingen-Germany-1944-01.jpg

Fw-190A-8, flown by Hptm Wilhelm Moritz, Stab IV.Sturm/JG3, Memmingen/Germany, July 18th 1944
1-Fw-190A8-JG3.4-((+~$Moritz-Schongau-AF-1944-01.jpg

Sorry as I didnt post credit. It comes from IV./JG 3 bood from Jochen Prien.

On a side note, most of the places I find pictures dont list sources (as these 2 pictures I found), but when It does, I will try to use them. My apologies.

Last edited:
you need to give credit where it is due Beau for copyright reasons..............

both images in this case come from the IV./JG 3 book from Jochen Prien.

Weiks white 7 was numbered accordingly as he did not want the usual 1 indicating the lead staffel CO though he would make a nice target for P-51's if engaged as such so another poor LW pilot flew white 1 instead. had the honour to interview Hans before his passing. He flew one more mission in July of 44 being shot up pretty badly his right arm in a huge cast and then taken off operations altogether and slowly mustered out and into JG 7 but he was on standby and never flew the 262 while in JG 7. in July of 44 the war was over for him.

Ive been looking more at the Sturmgruppen, and Weik's White 7 is more than likely going to be the final scheme on my airplane, but Im coming up a little empty handed, and dont have the resources in my small town to find what I am looking for. I am looking for b&w photos to back up the color recreations that can be found in some of the books, but I need more than one photo. I know that Black 8 is a well documented aircraft, but I want to do something that is a little less known. Anything that anyone has is useful, even if you have only one picture.

To answer the last part regarding the black colour, the black does not appear on the wings. It stays on the side. The photos show some pretty heavy exhaust staining that may cause some confusion. It my understanding that the black finished at the wing root for the larger zigzag pattern. Hope this helps. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back