FW-200 C-1 Condor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Stas1234

Airman
Aug 17, 2024
Hello. We really need drawings of the FW 200 C1 aircraft. Or more precisely, the location of the lines in the drawing.
I searched on the Internet and basically there was only this drawing:

But judging by historical photographs, these drawings are incorrect. Since they don't even have hatches for engine maintenance or refueling

I beg you to help me if you know something. I would be grateful for any information

Actually the C-1 had the engine nacelles slightly longer because of the engine BMW 132H cowling. The C-2 got different bomb racks. Additionally both variants had the different in the shape from the other C variants the top front turret.

C-1 prototype ( V11 Wk. No. 0002 code BS+AJ)

and C-1 of the I./KG40

C-2

the pic source: the net.

If it is indicating fabric surfaced areas then there is a good chance that the official blueprints and GA drawings had the 'hatching' only in the areas where it would not obscure the other details. If someone was not aware of the meaning they may have simply copied the lines without knowing what they meant. I cannot guarantee this is what is going on here, but i have seen instances of this type of thing before.

But that does look like fabric in the photo you posted.

Textile? Literally fabric? Why?

Yes, the fabric ...
The reason ... saving on the weight ... a cheap material ... easy cavering ... etc .

Yes, the fabric ...
The reason ... saving on the weight ... a cheap material ... easy cavering ... etc .
There's something else I'm interested in asking. In the drawings of the early Condor in the fuselage area, the connection of the sheets is only vertical. But I haven't found any photographs confirming this drawing, could it be like this?

Users who are viewing this thread