FW-200 C-1 Condor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What other parts were secured with countersunk screws? Do you know?

For sure the fairing of the fuselage-horizontal stabilizer transition ...

fw200 tail_.jpg

fw200 tail.jpg

BTW ... if we talk about such details .... the nose cone was made of a plywood / veneer. Generally of the wood.

Fw200_nose cone.jpg

I don't quite understand what kind of screw there is. Phillips screwdriver?
And one more pic showing the assembling process of the Fw 200 ... you may notice the not finished the fairing of the fuselage-wing transition. Also the front parts of the engin nacelles with the engine attached. Notice the lack of their top rear parts at the wing top.

View attachment 796837
the source: Fw200ww – Focke-Wulf Fw 200 "Condor"

Let's say something like that ...

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w6.jpg

the pic source: the net.

OK. I have thought you meant that. Unfortunately I didn't see a pic showing the part with the angle you wanted. But If you have a look at the enlarged ones you should get the idea on how the fairing looked like. Actually the fairing both for the inner and the outer engine nacelles, was a part of the central wing leading edge. However these were of a slightly different size due to the wing dimensions at the areas. But always were covering the gap between the front round engine nacelle section and the wing leading edge. The parts crossfaded into the nacelle side at the bottom and the top rear fairing on the wing tops giving the smooth transition.

fairing2.jpg

fairing1.jpg

fairing3.jpg

fairing.jpg

the inner engine ...
inner1.jpg

fairing6.jpg

the outer engine ...
2.jpg

fairingouter.jpg

fairing8.jpg

IMG_4453a-1080x710.jpg