FW-200 C-1 Condor

View attachment 802573View attachment 802574
Are there horizontal rows of rivets under the cockpit?

No there weren't these. According to the restoration guys there was a short line of rivets between the first panel line from the front to the rivet line behid it. See the colour image. However I can't find any in the orginal pics. There were four vertical panel lines on the side of the cockpit. One of them was running across the round window. But there were about 8 vertical rivet lines. The strips of the fuselage skin were riveted with the overlap way. So the rivet lines were on one side of the panel lines. The same for the joint with the bottom part. The restoration guys made one short rivet line between the first panel line from the bulkhead no.1 to the rivet line next to it but I couldn't find a good image confirming that.

Fw200_073b.jpg

20190709_091002a-1080x800.jpg

the source: Restaurierung: Innenflügel – Focke-Wulf Fw 200 "Condor"
 
View attachment 802573View attachment 802574
Are there horizontal rows of rivets under the cockpit?


I have corrected a little bit your shot of the fuselage at the cockpit area. The red are the panel lines. The yellow the rivet ones. The green the screw lines. The light blue the possible horizontal rivet line seen in the pic with the restored plane. This is a sketch only and you have to fit it to the orginal shape. Just to give you an idea.

c-1.jpg
 
I have corrected a little bit your shot of the fuselage at the cockpit area. The red are the panel lines. The yellow the rivet ones. The green the screw lines. The light blue the possible horizontal rivet line seen in the pic with the restored plane. This is a sketch only and you have to fit it to the orginal shape. Just to give you an idea.
Do you have close-up photos of the door?
 
Which door?
 
Which door?
What did the frames on the wings look like?
 
View attachment 802731View attachment 802732
How do I install rivets on the wings? Where were the frames located?

the top of the central section ...
Bild1-1080x800.jpg


The central section with the fuel tanks accessed from the bottom ... all can be seen ...
P7040102-1080x710.jpg

DSC_3512_900-1080x710.jpg

P7040053_900-1080x710.jpg


The rear part with the flap bay ...
DSCF0788-1080x710.jpg

the pic source: Restaurierung: Innenflügel – Focke-Wulf Fw 200 "Condor"
 
Are there any similar photos of the flaps?

Fw200_Spreizklappen_innenfluegel-1080x710.jpg


DSC01140a-1080x710.jpg

IMG_0002a-1080x710.jpg

VN_09_2_2-2-Spreizklappea-1080x710.jpg

P2160003-1080x710.jpg

20190612_090149a-1080x710.jpg

PC170015-1080x710.jpg

the source: Landeklappen – Focke-Wulf Fw 200 "Condor"
 
Hi Wurger. Thank you for for providing such incredible details on the Condor. This has obviously taken you considerable time to answer these questions and I really appreciate the effort you have gone to. It is amazing how intricate and clever some of the design details are.

Let me just hop down from the mike and let the next guy say something.
 
Hi Wurger. Thank you for for providing such incredible details on the Condor. This has obviously taken you considerable time to answer these questions and I really appreciate the effort you have gone to. It is amazing how intricate and clever some of the design details are.

Let me just hop down from the mike and let the next guy say something.
I don't mind) Explain to me how to arrange a vertical row of rivets. I'm confused
Снимок экрана (3643).png

These two photos make me dumbfounded. I don't understand how the crossbars are located under the sheets of metal
Снимок экрана (3645).png
Снимок экрана (3644).png
 
View attachment 802757
I think I made too many rows of horizontal rivets.
Do you have a photo showing the crossbars from the inside towards the tail of the plane?

Count yourself ...

Fw200_adolf.jpg

the pic source: the net.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back