Fw189A-2 night reconaissance colors

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bdefen

Senior Airman
Nov 26, 2019
Boise, Idaho USA
What are the RLM colors used on the FW189 shown below?
Nachtkette/NAGr 15 at Naglowitz south Poland 1944:
189A-2 NAGr 15.jpg
IL2-IM-Focke-Wulf-Fw-189-NAG15-(+F)-Naglowitz-1944.jpg

Without seeing a picture of the actual aircraft and assuming the skin designer had an actual reference, I would guess standard 70/71 splinters on top broken up with patches of 76. Obviously the bottom would be the standard 65 oversprayed with black 22.

Also haven't found any shot of the plane so far. However, both TBiU booklets no.155 and 191 one for the plane show her profiles with the RLM 74/75 on tops.

Also haven't found any shot of the plane so far. However, both TBiU booklets no.155 and 191 one for the plane show her profiles with the RLM 74/75 on tops.
That may be the colors I'm looking for, but my peek at RLM 74 and 75 "chips" show less contrast between the two than the lighter and darker areas on the airplane profile. I know there's lots of variation.

The profile you posted above seems to be a scan from either Osprey or Squadron/Signal book. Unfortunately these aren't of a great accuracy of both colour hue and camo layout. Also it is possible the lighter colour might be the RLM 76.

Not in Ken Merrick's book? I don't have the Jaroslaw Wrobel's "Camouflage and Markings, Luftwaffe 1933-45," with the Fw189 night reconnaissance. Fourth edition. (think this one had night fighters/recon). I agree with RLM 22 on bottom. Maybe a mix of RLM 74 and 75 on top?

Will need to look through my references. :)

Luftwaffe Camouflage and Markings, 1933-1945, Vol. 2

Not in Ken Merrick's book? I don't have the Jaroslaw Wrobel's "Camouflage and Markings, Luftwaffe 1933-45," with the Fw189 night reconnaissance. Fourth edition. (think this one had night fighters/recon). I agree with RLM 22 on bottom. Maybe a mix of RLM 74 and 75 on top?

Will need to look through my references. :)

Luftwaffe Camouflage and Markings, 1933-1945, Vol. 2
I appreciate all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back