GB-44 1/48 CF-100 Mk.5 - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Username: Jeff Hunt
Name: Jeff
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1:48
Manufacturer: Hobbycraft Avro CF-100 Mk. V
OOB build

This will be a straight out of the box build. Not a ton of detail nor a lot of parts. I will be doing her in the 125 Squadron RCAF C/S.
IMG_8800.JPG
IMG_8801.JPG
IMG_8802.JPG
IMG_8803.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the rules or regulations regarding building an aircraft with landing gear retracted. This aircraft when done will be quite large and space on the shelf is very limited. Can I build it gear up and still participate?

As i said there are not too many parts to this model so it should not take a lot of actual bench time. The entire tail unit consisted of three pieces, the two rear fuselage halves and the single piece horizontal stabilizer.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG

Each wing main assembly consisted of two pieces. A bit of putty to help with a gap on the bottom side.

IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

This is where I am at for now. Have to pack up and head up to my mother in laws for dinner.

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited:
Give the decals an acrylic clear coat spray Jeff. It will reduce the chances of the decals breaking up but may not stop it.

Interesting sideline: now that Calgary's Hurricane restoration has been completed, the next machine going into the shop at Historic Aviation Services in Wetaskiwin, Alberta is a CF 100. The wings were removed today and it's being readied for shipment.

Nice choice Jeff.
I've had nothing but trouble with Hobbycraft decals as well. mostly massive silvering. Along with what Andy said above, what I do now with them is use Future to wet the surface of the model under the decal instead of water, This essentially glues it down and eliminates any air underneath to cause silvering. Then I use a Q-tip dampened with Windex to clean things up after it has set a few minutes, then seal with more Future. If you use a setting solution it may cloud the Future outside the decal but that will come off with the Windex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back