GB-63 1/48 Macchi C.202 "Folgore" - Stormy Weather (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much everyone. Started on the decals this afternoon. He Stormo decals are top notch!

20241006_205753.jpg

Thanks gentlemen.

I'm working in very short snippets of bench time lately. The decals are now all applied and a first-pass of wash has been applied using thinned artist oils.

24100801.jpg
24100802.jpg
24100803.jpg

When I'm happy with the results of the wash, I'll apply another clear coat. The gloss turned out quite bumpy, as you can see, so I may try to level that out with a thinner coat before applying a matte coat.

Thanks for looking in.

Thanks all. Nearing the end of this build, having added a lot of the breaky bits.

First off, the main landing gear was detailed by adding holes to the torque links and adding brake lines. Once this was done, the legs were glued in place along with the huge retraction jacks. The inner ends of these have nowhere to go now that the Eduard detail set did away with the clunky receptacle for these so they are just barely attached to the rear spar.

24101401.jpg
24101402.jpg

Sorry for the bit of fuzz, which has since been removed. As it turns out, I had to move the jacks forward slightly to accommodate the inner gear door retraction mechanism, seen here unpainted with the doors in place.

24101407.jpg

Next, I masked and painted the black gun troughs:

24101403.jpg
24101404.jpg
24101405.jpg

A small disc was cut to represent the air intake bypass valve and has now been painted since this pic was taken:

24101406.jpg

The exhausts were then masked and sprayed.

24101408.jpg
24101409.jpg

More fluff to remove I see. Nonetheless, the model was then sprayed with Tamiya Semi-gloss Clear and the prop was attached along with the antenna mast and pitot tube.

24101410.jpg
24101411.jpg

There will no doubt be a few niggly things to attend to after I have final close look at things. I gave the prop the benefit of the doubt and have allowed it to spin, however, as always, the fit is too sloppy so I will end up gluing the thing in place to close the gap. A little more weathering and paint chips will also be added before I finish things off with the antenna wires.

Thanks once again for looking in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back