GB 71 questions Recon/Transport/Training Aircraft in WWII (1 Viewer)

Donivanp

Colonel
12,403
12,841
Joined
Feb 23, 2014
Location
Katy Texas
Recon aircraft were for the most part existing aircraft converted for the recon roll. Some aircraft continued to carry their original armament such as the F-6 (P-51) or F-13 (B-29). Are such aircraft (fighter aircraft that still had their guns) allowed in this GB or must they be pure recon.
 
The GB says "primary role" not exclusive. I can see that the pilots of the F-6 would be keen to have some defense if attacked. It also seems that the F-6 would not be tasked with attack missions and not use the cameras. North American F-6 Mustang I also found a site Photo- Recon Version of B29? that says they were stripped of arms and armor and had extra fuel tanks installed. Based on that, they would both fit into this GB.
 
I never knew there was a recon version of the B-29.
 
I never knew there was a recon version of the B-29.
Yes indeed there were. To include those that flew on the two atomic bombing missions and those flown in Crossroads, You are now smarter that you were a second ago. Oh I'm sorry you'll have to forget something to retain this new info. I would suggest something the wife wanted you to do.
 
Never been a problem.
What's never been a problem? I've learned a thing or two since than.
 
I want to clarify what is allowed regarding Training aircraft. My intent is to model an aircraft that is designed as a trainer. Examples would be AT-6 Harvard; Tiger Moth; or AR-96. I will allow a combat aircraft to be used BUT it must be more than a standard paint scheme with a training squadron patch on it. I want bright colors; something like this would be great.
p-63 target.jpg

I will be adding this to the Finalized Schedule thread sooooon*.
 
Last edited:
I will be going with the A6M2-K Zero trainer version at this stage...if time permits I will try to get 2 done...One in overall Orange and one with green camo over Orange.

A6M2-K_407_a.jpg
A6M2-K_417_a.jpg
 
Any sign of this GB kicking off?? I've recently acquired a 1/48 Airfix Tiger Moth which would fit the bill.....🙂

Cheers Greg 👍
Start it off. No harm in being the first!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back