GCSEs (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the lancaster kicks ass

Major General
Dec 20, 2003
As many of the Brits here will know, myself, Mr. Cheese and anyone who took their GCSE exams this summer receive our results tomorrow, and I'm nowhere near as nervous as i thought I'd be! But before we tell you our results (well I'll probably post mine, dunno about CC), what did any of you guys get? namely gnomey and pD?

In Science (BB), English Lit (C), English Lang (C), Maths(C), P.E (B), History(C), German (G), Geography (U) and I dropped everything else. I never studied, and never listened in class. So, my grades are a prime example of how easy GCSEs are.

I got a U in Geography because I was kicked out of the exam. Which was a little unfair, albeit I would have got a U anyway for making a mockery of the exam by writing complete crap in it.

And I got a C in History with only half the coursework, as well as Maths I only did a third of the coursework.

well in our system you gan get awarded A*, A, B, C, D, E, G or U, i think, but don't quote me to this, that they skip F because it's too much like Fail, whereas in our system U is actually a fail :lol: it's for "Ungraded" if you get a you it's because you either didn't complete the course (as with pD not completing the exam) or you're too damn stupid to get any marks in either coursework or exams, but you have to be going some not to get any marks. C is generally considdered the acceptable minimun for most employers, they look for anything more than a C normally in English, Science and Maths but obviously it depends on the job..............

well results coming out soon and i'm actually nowhere near as nervous as i thought i'd be........

Oi Lancs, Just got back from Walney and no Email as promised and no post here, so what were the results then? or are you out getting drunk they were so good???? Hope all is well.

Good Luck to you all with your results .

Well done Plan_D and they aint getting easier, young folk are just getting smarter each generation, remember only a couple of generations ago many people couldnt even write their names, let alone pass written exams, don't put yourself or the system down. Many peaopl from around the world want to study here at Uni so it cant be so bad ey.

Hugs to all Cripps

Good luck, Gents. I 'spose you kinda know what your getting anyway. Right? I can't imagine getting a grade that is so out of character from what you have been receiving for the last 10+ years.

ok we got the results yesterday, CC didn't turn up for some reason :?: and it turns out you can get an F after all, not that that was of much concern to me, here's the breakdown-

Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Electronics A*
English Language A (higher than predicted)
English Literature B
Statistics A*
History A (the only one i'm dissapointed with, i worked quite hard for an A* )
Maths A*
French A*
RE B (happy with that- no one cares about it though)

which breaks down as 7x A*, 2x A, 2x B, which i'm pretty pleased with

and sorry i didn't contact you cripps, i was busy speaking to one of the ladies in my life, the one that's off on the cruise not the one with the boyfriend... don't worry cripps knows who i mean, she seemed pretty happy for me :thumbleft:

WOOHOO! My ickle smart *** friend. So god damn please for you (even though I had a feeling they might be 'that' good).
Well done hun. e-card winging its way as we speak. Hugs Cripps x

Good Luck and well done to anyone with 'any' results.

As for our money system- here's an interesting one, there are traces of drugs on 85% of all bank notes. It may be a little complicated to understand, but sniff it and it all becomes much clearer. lol

the lancaster kicks *** said:
ok we got the results yesterday, CC didn't turn up for some reason :?: and it turns out you can get an F after all, not that that was of much concern to me, here's the breakdown-

Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Electronics A*
English Language A (higher than predicted)
English Literature B
Statistics A*
History A (the only one i'm dissapointed with, i worked quite hard for an A* )
Maths A*
French A*
RE B (happy with that- no one cares about it though)

which breaks down as 7x A*, 2x A, 2x B, which i'm pretty pleased with

and sorry i didn't contact you cripps, i was busy speaking to one of the ladies in my life, the one that's off on the cruise not the one with the boyfriend... don't worry cripps knows who i mean, she seemed pretty happy for me :thumbleft:

I turned up with Holly and that lot...

I got A* (Eng Lit)
A (Statistics)
A (Maths)
A (History)
B (Chemistry)
B (Physics)
B (English Language)
C (Biology)
C (Applied ICT x 2)
D (DT Graphics)
F (RE)

Overall im really happy. Im actually glad I only got the one A*, i makes it seem more like an acheivement and that I stand out in one area. Im actually annoyd that im not doing Lit for A-Level now, that grade was a shock. Didnt think Id get any A*. F in Re...great novelty value. the bad grades show I have some sort of scoial life ;)

what the hell kinda social life do you have :lol: and it's not too late if you do wanna do english lit, just say you wanna do it at enrollment............

Wow CC woohoo! great news well done, that is fantastic. tons better than I did for sure. Yes we did GCSEs even on cave walls lol

So proud and pleased, well done truely.
what are your plans now CC? I read both ( you and Lancs) your results out in our house and everyone was most impressed.
Be happy in what ever you choose.
As you know my son has just finished Uni, but my daughter who is one year older then you guys, I taught at home (she didnt go to secondary school) is at college doing A levels and couldn't be happier, she puts in enough to get the grades she needs and spends the rest of her time just loving life, she adores collage and all the people she has me there. She has just text me from the Leeds festival to say she has been crowd surfing ...woohoo! now that's my girl.
Work hard lads but also enjoy life and have fun, life is short and you only get one shot at it.

So proud of you.
Hugs Bev (Cripps)x

Im staying on at the schools 6th form to do Chemistry, Physics, History, Maths and Photography at A-Level. So Eric can look forward to some questions from me on phototgraphy sometime in the future probably. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back