General Robin Olds RIP (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Joe - I think that is my favorite picture of Olds. Thank you for posting it.

It may be silly but one of the (many) things I most treasured about him is that he always asked, and seemed genuinely interested in, how I was doing whenever we bumped into each other.

He was my father's good friend but he always took time with each of us from the time I met him when I was five until the last time I saw him just before he re-married.

He was at my father's funeral and made very special efforts at comforting my mother at the funeral and the wake following the ceremony- and I KNOW he wants the same raucous celebration of life at his...

If every man was like him there would no more wars, no back stabbing in business, or BS in politics.

If he comes back in some form of re-incarnation he will be an Irish Wolhound "Gentle when stroked, Fierce when provoked"

God Bless You General

Regards,

Bill

I'm gonna miss this because of job commitment - I know there be all kinds of fly-byes for him...

The funeral service for former Academy Commandant, Brig. Gen Robin Olds, is scheduled for 10 a.m., June 30, in the Cadet Protestant Chapel, followed immediately by a graveside service at the Academy Cemetery. The legendary fighter pilot died of congestive heart failure, June 14, in Steamboat Springs, Colo., one month shy of his 85th birthday. Neither his burial nor his life will soon be forgotten.

Gen%20Olds%201-104_1736.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back