Gimmicks, gizmos, whatchamacallums, thingmabobs, , widgets.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not on a bet. Unless you have bought crappy LPs and/or have a shoddy turntable/cartridge, your bass response should be as good or better than any CD. And hands down better than any MP3.

I'm not being an ass here, Heinz. Just being authoritative. LPs are not inherently bass shy. In fact, just the opposite.

You have a moving magnet or moving coil cartridge?

There is no proof until Heinz disclose his analog setup: turntable, tonearm, pickup, RIAA preamp (separated or integrated)

But the statement '..you lose bass frequencies and lower end instruments.. ' in an analog reproduction system is definitely odd.

Actually, one of the advantages that a (good quality and properly setup) turntable has vs CD is the better reproduction pf the bass frequencies.

Heinz, if this is what you hear probably your analog system has some setup problem, or is on a different (lower) class vs your CD system.

All is cool Matt :)

My set up has nothing to do with it Parmigiano Im just going what I've learned being a musician.

My basis is what most sound engineers have said on a music forum where I've been a member for a long time.

I've been around enough music to form this opinion. But hey if you hear the bass better then that could be the case I'm not discrediting your opinion at all.

Fact is a CD kills an LP for clarity of all aspects of the sound waves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back